Bugaboo Rope Question

TimL

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was there (2015 and 2014), none of the routes we climbed required more than a single 60m rope to rappel. You should research the beta on the specific routes you are planning to climb and determine whether any of them need more than that.

You can get off Bugaboo Spire and Snowpatch Spire with just a single 60m.

though it feels like "crag" sometimes, it is still alpine. I would not go up there with a single rope, only doubles. Mostly based with the situation of a stuck rope on rappel, which has happened to me there. If one get stuck, I want that other line to deal with the situation, either climb up or abandon and go down.

and my perfect rope choice would be 50m doubles, but those are hard to find without cutting.

South Howser is set up for a single 70m rope (35m rappels as of last summer). Given how good and well placed the bolted rap stations are, I think a single 70m is the ticket.

Gene- It is amazing how different it is in the Bugs (on the trade routes) compared with just 10 years ago. Shiny anchors everywhere!

Gene- It is amazing how different it is in the Bugs (on the trade routes) compared with just 10 years ago. Shiny anchors everywhere!

R U calling me old? :)

I thought it was really good over ten years ago. Now the anchors throw down your rope too? :)

Yes, because I am too. :shock:

Almost, the guides have the stations set up so that the pulls are really nice (with big stainless rings)....we never had a close call on any rap.

It is pretty much alpine cragging now, with the same crowds.