• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
triyoda

Denali 2018?

I am committed to climbing Denali in the next couple of years, hopefully 2018. This is based on work commitments and because I would like to go without a guide service and need to time to integrate with a team. Looking for partners to form a team and get out on some trips over the next two years to get comfortable and shakedown gear.

Will provide climbing resume and experience upon request. I am looking at putting together at least 1 or 2 north cascades trips this summer and at least one trip in OR or CA.

If our goals and skill levels align, I am also looking for 2018 Denali partners.

I am planning to take two weeks off sometime in June depending of how the weather between now and then. Ideally a west buttress or west rib acclimatization hike will lead to a Cassin attempt. Backup plan could be lower elevation Ruth Gorge objectives.

greetings,

i have placed a Wanted Partner post in the Rainier thread.

long term my ambition is to gain a well intentioned base level

of alpine and glacier experience using mentoring partnerships.

ultimately --- i am going to Denali.

would any of you be interested in a 2018 Rainier objective 

on the Emmons Glacier route?

scott 

I am looking at going in 2019.   Also want to avoid a guide service mainly due to the costs.  If anyone is looking at 2019, send me a pm.