Looking for partner/mentor in PDX

T.R.

I am relatively new to climbing, and I am looking for an experienced climbing partner from whom I can learn. I am particularly interested in mountaineering/alpine rock and recently spent six days on Shuksan with RMI learning basic expedition skills. This trip culminated in a successful summit attempt. Over the past couple years I have completed several non-technical ascents throughout the NW including St. Helens (summer climb via Monitor Ridge and winter climb via Worm Flows) and South Sister. I have spent the past year working towards attaining technical skills by reading Freedom of the Hills, several other works on glacier mountaineering, rock and ice anchors, and basic avalanche assessment, but I am finding that I really need to get outside and practice, thus I am turning to this forum. I am also currently working through a training program based upon those presented in Steve House's Guide to New Alpinism. I'd really like to obtain some hands-on experience from someone who is willing to show me the ropes, so to speak. I am a member of the Mazamas, and I'd really like to build my skill-set before next year's climb schedule drops in April. Also, I recently started climbing at a local gym at least twice per week in order to further develop my skill-set. Please PM me or respond directly here if interested or if you simply have any advice for a young guy trying to responsibly/safely learn the sport! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic