Sawtooth skitours and partners

petsfed

I've got nothing better to do the weekend of Valentines Day, so I think I'll see how the snow near Ketchum feels under my skis. I am looking for a low-difficulty overnight/2-night skitour.

I'm also looking for a partner for such a trip. I am a mediocre-to-lousy downhill skier, but I can skin the flats with gusto. I've got some winter camping experience, but wouldn't describe myself as current. I'm out of practice and looking to shake the rust off on something more interesting than the local ski-hill, but not so committing that I'll end up dead. What I do have is some familiarity with continental snow-pack, but only insofar as what I experienced in SE Wyoming and northern Colorado. I'd really like to learn how Idaho's transition snowpack behaves, and a day touring, digging pits, and playing snow-scientist with somebody who knows the patterns would be super useful.

Any would-be partners or mentors? Any advice other than the super-taco/mountainproject/rockclimbing.com adage "yer gunna die!"? This is cross-posted at MountainProject, so you can tie the user-names together, if you like.

Edited by petsfed

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days