Canadian ice?

mzvarner

Getting back into the ice after 2 years away at college. The wife and I are wanting to make it to Canada for some ice. We have been to Bozeman a dozen times or so over the years. Would like an area with lots of moderate climbing ( wi 3-4 for leading anything for top roping). Banff seems to be a popular spot but want to make sure I'm not overlooking other areas

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that dave is thinking about lady killer in golden which is about 8 hours from Bellingham. There are a couple of other climbs right off the hwy but road construction took away the roadside parking. (pretty nuts and water works) I think one could park on the other side of the bridge but would have to walk back across that bridge. Not sure if that is a good idea as I think there is no walkway on the bridge.

I think that dave is thinking about lady killer in golden which is about 8 hours from Bellingham. There are a couple of other climbs right off the hwy but road construction took away the roadside parking. (pretty nuts and water works) I think one could park on the other side of the bridge but would have to walk back across that bridge. Not sure if that is a good idea as I think there is no walkway on the bridge.

YES! Lady Killer and Pretty Nuts. The area is Kicking Horse Canyon. We had no issue with parking and access, found it to be pretty straightforward. The guidebook indicated there were a fair amount of other climbs, but we were on our way to Banff so we just did about half a day.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...