Worst Trailhead breakin

olyclimber

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the bit about blacking out your address on your registration so the thieves can't go back to town and burglarize you seems like a great idea if it really is ok with the cops.

You will need to take care of the insurance documents as well. I was borrowing my parents truck and was super happy it had my parents info on it and not mine when it was broken into.

Well the bit about blacking out your address on your registration so the thieves can't go back to town and burglarize you seems like a great idea if it really is ok with the cops.

I redact the information on my registration for this reason and was pulled over by a cop who just nodded when I explained why the address was redacted.

Bummer for those folks. I have heard of similar stories on multiple occasions. Typically a car is broken into, while the registration was not taken the garage door remote was taken. Instant access to the house as most folks do not lock the door between the inside of the house and garage.

While I have not redacted our address, we no longer keep any identifying information in the glove box. It is elsewhere in the vehicle. If I get pulled over I will explain where it is and why. Similarly the garage remote is no longer on the visor, but elsewhere with in easy reach.

It's a RCW issue. So it really can't ever "OK with the cops".

The reality is cops do whatever the fuck they want, regardless of RCWs. The cop who pulled me over was more interested in my job and who I worked for than the fact my address had been redacted from the registration or even the fact that I had been driving 10 miles per hour over the speed limit in a school zone. No ticket.

The cop who pulled me over was more interested in my job and who I worked for than the fact my address had been redacted from the registration or even the fact that I had been driving 10 miles per hour over the speed limit in a school zone. No ticket.

You were getting hit on.

Quid pro quo?

That was a poorly written article.

...took down the license plate to the vehicle that the suspects arrived in, described as an Astrovan. Unfortunately this same neighbor also lost the piece of the paper with the Astrovan’s license number at the time of the police investigation.

On Aug. 27th the mother of Cox’s fiancé visited the residence to water the couple’s garden and noticed that the Pathfinder was at that time still in the driveway...

So, who's pathfinder was it? The suspects'? The victims'?

Is the implication here that the suspects took the address from the registration? Or information present in the victims' wallets and phones?

Scary stuff, to be sure, just a really poorly written article.

Edited by petsfed

My coworker recently had a car stolen from a commuter park and ride. He found out when he got home that they had already beat him to it. He's lucky more didn't get stolen from home. It sounds like this is becoming more common.

The thief used the the toilet paper that he kept in his truck to leave an extra crappy surprise on his back porch.

Edited by Jason4

It's a RCW issue. So it really can't ever "OK with the cops".

Do what you will with this information but I just called WA State Dept of Licensing. She said redacting the address on your registration would be altering an official document and thus a violation. The only remedy she offered was if we had a PO Box we could get the registration changed to that.