Speed records in Washington

keenwesh

Kilian Jornet set the Mt. Blanc record, by way of the Gouter Route.

Never been to Cham, but looking for pictures of the, "crux," of the Gouter Route isn't too hard.

[img:center]http://www.julienholtz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/cordee-aiguille-gouter-1.jpg[/img]

Kind of looks like a well traveled route. Based on my search there's a fixed line to use when crossing the Grand Couloir and hut at the top of the step.

Not sure I'd call the Gouter Route the equivalent of Liberty Ridge.

Sounds like Jornet set a good time and covered a lot of ground, but...

I can see the potential for having a pretty speedy time on LR but it's hard to compare anything in the alps to it due to its remoteness and because it gets relatively few ascents. Also, obviously, speed mountaineering isn't that big in North America.

I can see the potential for having a pretty speedy time on LR but it's hard to compare anything in the alps to it due to its remoteness and because it gets relatively few ascents. Also, obviously, speed mountaineering isn't that big in North America.

I assume you are goading us on because N. America can represent in speed ascents. Numerous examples exist.

Matt, I think Pete means most US climbers just don't care that much about speed mountaineering, not that they are are incapable. I on the other hand am incapable of setting any speed records (except in falling asleep, I'm pretty good at falling asleep) and its possible that has an effect on my relative disinterest in the subject.

Matt, I think Pete means most US climbers just don't care that much about speed mountaineering, not that they are are incapable. I on the other hand am incapable of setting any speed records (except in falling asleep, I'm pretty good at falling asleep) and its possible that has an effect on my relative disinterest in the subject.

Good point Off. I detected some tongue in cheek there. But would somebody resurrect the Rainier speed debate? It took many many pages on this site and lots of laughs ensued and enemies made. The newcomers need to know this shit. Chad Kellogg vs. bullshitter from OR. Epic stuff.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've recently started trying to run consistently with the goal of trying some long run/scramble days this summer here in CO and hopefully later on once I make it back to Washington for a spell. Hence the attempt at thread resurrection.

I found these times put up by Sean O'Rourke

Adams: 3.11

Olympus: 10.12

E. Fury 20.45

Source: http://www.drdirtbag.com/category/activities/fkt/

Curious about the times for W ridge of Forbidden and Mt. Goode.

Cheers! Now that the snow is melting here in Colorado I'm getting antsy about running around up high.