Killen Creek TH Access?

Has anyone been up towards Killen Creek TH recently? The most up to date information I get from the forest service is snowlevels at 3500' on the south side of the mountain in mid-April. I'm hoping that by now in mid-May, snowlevels have gotten up to 4500' where the TH is located?

If anyone has climbed up from the TH recently, I'd also love to know if snow is continuous up towards Adams Glacier... planning on pulling a sled in for kicks to set up a camp to climb, but was curious what conditions I'd run into...

thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

got in touch with the forest service - NF23 is closed at milepost 47, though she couldn't tell me where that is measured from, since you only drive 36 miles total from the turnoff from 131 to the trailhead. She said that NF23 didn't get you very close at all to the TH....she didn't seem that familiar with the area, though.

The closest SNOTEL site I see is about 600' above the TH at Potato Hill: http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/reportGenerator/beta/view/customSingleStationReport/hourly/702:wa:SNTL/-167,0/WTEQ::value,SNWD::value,PREC::value,TOBS::value