New forum look

olyclimber

As you can see, CC.com's Head Elf was up late last night. Specifically, Jon upgraded the board look while we slept, and changed a few things. You'll see a new top menu bar to access different parts of CC.com...and we have a new and more flexible front landing page.

Let us know here if you notice anything that doesn't look quite right or isn't working. This is a work in progress, but Jon put quite a bit of work into this, so we'd appreciate any help in ironing out any bugs as well as any input to make the site more useful to you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this site has been freezing up about 80% of the time lately for me. I use IE. the cover page works, I go to a forum and it works, then when I open a thread it locks up. Hope this is just temporary.

I had the same issue 100% of the time and eventually switched to Google Chrome. No issues since then. I think I was using the most recent version of IE.

Go ahead and get an attitude about it, but it does in fact suck to deal with IE when designing web pages. Over the years they have often rendered standards-compliant markup into unseemly web pages, whereas the other browsers render standards compliant markup much better. It is a real nuisance when the rules to the game get changed. Sure, IE is a large share of the browser market; it's just too bad they don't adhere to the standards as well as others.

Sky, for cc.com IE makes up 20% of the traffic.

I just went through the analytics data comparing the two weeks before the upgrade and two weeks after, looking at each each browser version plotting visits and pages/visit, and there doesn't seem to be much of a change. I'm not doubting there is an issue, but I we have received only 4 complaints about it.

If you guys could message us your Windows version and IE version that would be helpful.

Does the front part of the site show up correctly for people on IE?

When I follow my saved link to "Past 24 hours" everythng looks fine...

IE9.jpg

but I just went to the front of the site where I normally don't go and it does indeed appear that something is not right...

IE9_2.jpg

Edited by pcg

Sorry to use such a frustrating browser.

:lmao: No kidding right? I thought the same thing when I read that this morning.

Us IE users are scum!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Really man?

As someone that works in the IT field I must say it is this kind of condescending attitude that makes those who require our services hesitant to do so.

I realize this is a free site but with all the effort to make it fresh. new and user friendly you think you could handle the feedback in a constructive manner rather than react like a middle school brat.

15 eye rolls? Get a f***ing sense of humor. Jesus.

It's funny cause you are the one kinda being a dick. I asked for a browser version and I never got a response from either of you. My comment about IE being frustrating to develop for is a pretty ubiquitous sentiment among all front-end developers. But being in IT I'm sure you already knew that.

You still haven't told me which IE version you are having problems with. Is this how you flirt when you get a help desk request?

I'm not sure why this seems so isolated. Typically any IE browser crashing is due to conflicting javascript, however I'm almost positive all the forum changes are just CSS and HTML changes. Obviously some version of IE does not appreciate a tag somewhere.