Mt. Erie Guidebook revision

JimThompson

I'm working on a revision to Dallas Kloke's 2002 Mt. Erie Climbing Guide. The updated version will have new routes, GPS waypoints, new maps, photos, drawings and more. If you have requests, please let me know.

There will also be some logbooks placed at certain crags to get beta on route ratings, new routes, etc. More info on this will be coming soon.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will also be some logbooks placed at certain crags to get beta on route ratings, new routes, etc. More info on this will be coming soon.

Intersting.

Please post updates on your progress and where a copy can be eventually picked up.

If you are looking for any additional resources for information PM me and I maybe able help out.

• 1 month later...

Jim- that's excellent! Dallas would be very happy. I have been working on a skagit county rock guide for some time now with the main focus being Dallas's Cumberland Crags but also describing routes for Umbrella Rock, Calendar Butte, and an Erie selection of its better routes. I'm working with zero budget and will be binding books myself in the basement so it won't be anything fancy... J-peg photo picture topos, etc. It will however describe around 130+ climbs that are little known here in the Skagit foothills.

As far as Erie routes that I've been involved with, there are only a couple

"Clipped My Wings"- 10c

Brandon Workman, Dallas Kloke

Starts off the "Springboard" ledge, inbetween last pitch of "On Eagles Wings" and the "Springboard". Left trending crack features (no gear) to a crux throw through a polished section. Some moves through a pod then easy featured slab climbing. Shares anchor with "On Eagles Wings".

6 bolts

"Sludge Trudge"-11b/c on the "Moss Wall"

Brandon Workman

Traverse the seam then straight up through the bulge connecting with "Clean And Jerk" to some chains.

6 bolts

If you have any questions feel free to call

360-421-3880

Brandon

• 4 months later...