Climbing up the Rattlesnake, Missoula.

BlodgettGoat

Hello,

This is my first post here on CC. I've been climbing around Missoula for 4 years and have been to almost every "major" area with the exception of Fred Burr, Roaring Lion, and Glen Lake.

My question: Is there any rock climbing up the Rattlesnake Wilderness. When I was younger I essentially lived up the Rattlesnake and climbed a lot of scree, choss, pebbles etc.

A few weeks ago I found an old document talking about some climbing called the High Falls Area up the Rattlesnake. I seems like it would be around 7 miles up the trailhead just before Franklin Bridge to the west.

I know up until the 80s or 90s it was legal to drive up the trailhead. Hopefully some of you (Bug)could give me some beta on this. I'll definitely scope it out when the trail clears up a bit.

Thanks,

Josh

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not aware of any, but clearly that document says otherwise! I'd love to read it if you're willing to share... all of the 'snake that I've seen is barely vertical and chossy at that, but of course, I wasn't out there scouting rock lines anyway (skiing/backpacking)