[TR] Mixup Peak - The Misunderstanding (FA) 10/25/2011

kurthicks

Thanks everyone. It was/is a great line and I'm bummed that it's probably getting buried in snow right now!

I haven't found an overview photo yet, but here's a Google Earth image that shows the line (thin green line in the center is the route, red is down). Cascade Pass is in the lower right corner.

mixup.jpg

It should be good if the FL goes up, then down again--and will help build up the thin ice on the first and fifth pitches. The FL was around 4000' when we did it, after having gone up (and rained) to about 8k.

It took us a mellow 2.5 hours to the base from the car and most of that is on the Cascade Pass trail. From the top of the face, it was about 1.5 hours to the Cache Glacier. Initially, this was super loose traversing along the crest (right at dusk), then downclimbing into the (relative) unknown of the East Face in the dark...then about two hours of easy walking from the Cache back to the car.

give me a ring or email if you need more beta.

Awesome! Nice job guys!

I have walked under those gullies so many times and thought that their would be some classic routes. This kind off season stuff and terrain is the future of the cascades. Summertime "everything goes" pretty much all the time and many find traverses and enchainments boring.