[TR] Dorothy Lake

needtoclimb

Trip: Dorothy Lake

Date: 9/8/2011

Trip Report:

This isn't a climbing TR, but with a 7-month old boy, this is about as adventurous as I can get for a little while. My wife and I haven't been backpacking for over a year, and it was time. We convinced my sister and her husband to join us with their 1-year old girl.

We chose Dorothy Lake near Skykomish. It is an easy 2.5 mile approach which meant we could quickly bail if something happened.

Dorothy_Lake_9-06-2011_1.jpg My sister on the left, my wife and boy on the right.

Dorothy_Lake_9-6-2011_2.jpg Very easy trail.

Dorothy_Lake_9-6-2011_3.jpg Group break time, complete with huckleberries.

Dorothy_Lake_9-6-2011_161.jpgDown at the lake.

Dorothy_Lake_9-6-2011_14.jpg Time for bed.

Dorothy_Lake_9-7-2011_22.jpg Babies naturally wake up for an alpine start, but us parents wanted to sleep in.

It was a fun trip. My wife and I are looking for more like-minded parents to do more trips. If you don't climb much anymore due to an addition to the family, but still wish to get out, drop me a PM. We want to do some more hikes and get back into the mountains. And perhaps trade babysitting so the parents can go do a real climb again?

Edited by needtoclimb

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic