Beware of user: Mirk's

alexbaker

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know none of this is my business. But easy to get caught up when I have a Pay Pal dick head opening disputes for "non delivery" on ski shipped to Australia knowing that I shipped them just 24 hrs previous.

I've been playing with climbing ropes a while and my impression is the dead beat just chopped up your prefectly good rope. Nothing to shown in the video convinces me otherwise. What a waste.

Hey Alex, is that your original coil job or a new one done by the buyer.

Mirko

you are a used gear merchant and there's nothing wrong with that.

But you handled this one all wrong. You shouldn't be asking people to ship used ropes and then you will pay them, if you are going to find something you don't like about the rope.

If you are going to inspect the rope and maybe not buy it that info should be up front.

A used rope is a used rope, you aren't going to see a soft spot or shrinkage in a picture. Even if you lost money on this deal you should have met alexbaker at least halfway.

Now all you have is suspect credibility. Because just like you couldn't see the faults you claim in alexbaker's pics, we can not see those faults in your video.

That looked a lot like my coil job. Alex

I wondered...if it was, I have to wonder just how he inspected and measured the rope? Just found it weird he had coiled it all up again and put it back in a box (your box?).

Love the fact they booted the guy from MP and he admits to the problem he had there in his very first thread/posts here on cc.com.

Thanks for this, but remember that any buyer can retract from a sale at any time before payment! It's happened to me a lot of time that potential buyer did not take my gear and I never posted shit like that about the reputation of a member on a forum!

Mirko

you are a used gear merchant and there's nothing wrong with that.

But you handled this one all wrong. You shouldn't be asking people to ship used ropes and then you will pay them, if you are going to find something you don't like about the rope.

If you are going to inspect the rope and maybe not buy it that info should be up front.

A used rope is a used rope, you aren't going to see a soft spot or shrinkage in a picture. Even if you lost money on this deal you should have met alexbaker at least halfway.

Now all you have is suspect credibility. Because just like you couldn't see the faults you claim in alexbaker's pics, we can not see those faults in your video.

I know... I never asked to Alex to send it without payment. He got problems with the PayPal account of John Baker (his father maybe?) so he sent the rope 1 week after he was supposed to confirm me the final price. It looked suspicious and I was in vacation at that time. After I returned from vacation the rope was in the mail. I picked it up at the post office and gone climbing with it. It did not touched the ground like my other rope in the same route so it was bizard. I took measurement and checked the rope for problem then I noticed 2 soft spots (not core shot). I already wrote to Alex for returning the rope and he did not answered my concern he said I stolen the rope from him etc... I waited to see if he will make an intelingent answer (in relation to my concern) and then I saw this morning this thread. I never asked to get the rope shipped without payment but when I got it not as described I was really frustrated and it's legit to know that I do not have to pay for something that is not my fault. If I had paid for the rope I will be the guy starting a thread claiming "Beware of AlexBaker" that make no sense.

I hope none of you will have to live this kind of situation. Alex said to destroy the rope that is what I did and even now he's not happy and he try to say that it's the coiling he did originally. We all coil our rope like that, Alex clearly know the rope was worth the garbage but he find funny to see how this thread go out... He clearly explained it if you read between the line of the thread here.

If the rope was soo good why does he do not taked it back? Anyway I will not answer more to this thread I have nothing to win here but doing this kind of diffamation on a forum is a proof of immaturity and it do not help the communication between persons.

Comfort zone of everyone is relative and in my book 2 soft spot and a 52 meters rope sold as a 60m (clearly asked before) is not a sign of confidence about the story of the rope and even in the seller... rope is destroyed now so I did not get any reward from it and it is the same for Alex. I did not stolen it and I did not sold it like some stated here, many people here don't know what they talking about. If it happen sometimes to you you will understand.

hmmm... someone explain again why a decent top rope was destroyed?

Mirk,

You stole a rope and then destroyed it. Real smart. Obviously there are some frustrations on both sides here, but couldn't this have been resolved better? Now people will be leery when dealing with you (hopefully) and question your credibility.

Lessons we learned:

1. Never ship without cash in hand

2. Understand that pics can only show so much. Used does NOT mean new.

3. Don't be a jerk. (communicate, communicate, communicate).

my 2 cents.

juicy reading for humpday. keep it comin folks

if you ever get tired of being Dane you could always transition to Gandalf or Nicodemus (rats of NIMH). You've just got that presence here on cc, in this youngin's eyes. hehe

I love this site! :tup:

This is almost as good as when we booted SummitchaserCJB from the site 8 months ago.... Good Times!

rope is destroyed now so I did not get any reward from it

that seems pretty dumb of you

Dumb but honest, I prefer to live dumb than thinking I stolen you a rope. We both know the truth Alex! You are falacious. I never asked you to send the rope without payment, but you do not say that here when people say that I am a thief! That dishonest from you, I clearly offered to sent the rope back and you say NO!

So what you want is that I pay for your mistakes, in money or in credibility you have nothing to do but you need it really hard!!!

Mirk...i'm confused...Alex mailed you the rope at his cost (now he doesn't have the rope)...and you wouldn't mail it back? And then you cut it up? And he was only asking $30 (which you didn't pay) for it?

WTF...that's messed up...rope looked fine for a backup line or a tr line...and by definition you "stole" it...ie. he doesn't have the rope, and he paid to mail it to you, and he wasn't given anything in return...how does that not equal it being stolen from him?

How new are you to climbing, if you don't mind me asking? I have no idea what you were expecting for 30bucks but new ropes are around $200...so you get what you paid for...

Ropes get shorter over time...particularly if they are well used...In fact many brands actually sell a longer rope than quoted to account for this (Beal ropes, for example are about 4-5 meters longer than 70m, despite being sold as a 70)...

Edited by RuMR

Wow, I've been missing all kinds of fun over here at the CC.com shop.

Whether straight scam, or breakdown of communication, I will never do business with this Mirko character.

Out of literally hundreds of internet private-party transactions, I've had one single bad experience and 99% very good ones both as a buyer and seller. Guess I'm just lucky.

yeeup, hump day aint over still a bit of juice left to squeeze out of this one. I'll add a bit of lime.. it is 'you're'. Sorry, when it is internet insults, grammatically correct just goes a long way.

Judge Roy Bean is new to me but i dont have any words to say about that guy - what a life. only in 'merika