Beware of user: Mirk's

alexbaker

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I offered to destroy the rope in order for Alex to be sure I do not use it because he don't want to pay for the shipping back to him. I wanted to be the more honest possible but it seem here there lot of people wanting to keep a close mind.

I also did lot of business with people here but I will keep their name there is no reason to post it.

Mirk's

Thanks for your offer to destroy the rope (and don't forget about the video part!). Again, could you do so? Also again, I would prefer if you would burn it, but will accept any reasonable offer.

Alex

:-)

Since we got an agreement on this matter do as you promised and please remove this thread!

Why would you want it removed? Something to hide?

If you are going to truly resolve this issue you would want this thread to stay here as proof that you are honest.

Before you destroy the rope you have to prove that it's 52M and that it has damage.

Otherwise you are just destroying a rope that you don't want to pay for.

I don't know if the rope was cut but it's 52m, I need it for solo top rope and this rope is too short for the use I want to do with it. I will send the rope back at the expense of the seller because it is not like described and I cannot use the item. I can throw it at the Gunks later in the summer or near the 87 in the way for New Paltz so instead of replying anything try to help us (me and/or Alex) or don't answer I think it will be better for anyone!

Ropes ALL shrink with use and age. ALL OF THEM. EVERY DAMN ONE. It was driven home to me when I went out to do a Beacon classic and the very same rope I had used 2 years earlier and both ends had touched the ground was in fact 10 feet short on each end. That's what happens. If you needed a full 60m you should have bought a new one. No one I know measures their used ropes, even when they sell them. Yours has factory wraps on both ends if the pics are real, indicating that it hasn't been cut: and if Alex bought it as a 60m you are buying a 60 meter rope, I don't care how long you think it should be. It's universally called a 60 meter rope. It might be exactly 52 meters but next year if you sell it and call it a 52 meter rope, the guy won't F**ing pay for it cause by then it will be 49.5 meters or something shorter than 52.

Since we got an agreement on this matter do as you promised and please remove this thread!

I thought I had a pretty good solution, burning nylon isn't a good thing for the air as it's a toxic poison.

Dollars to donuts that this "mirks" character is the guy who posted on mountainprokect as Bob mirko who was banned from that site.

That guy also spoke English poorly, lived in Canada, and only posted in the for sale area, and always ripped off folks or caused drama. I think he posted on the sales at the UW climbing club board too

That is soo easy to do diffamation on a forum...

I will cut the rope in parts and will post the video here. Please stop making me loose my time if I wanted to rip off people I will not do it on my own name. I was not banned from a forum and yes I have a bad english this is why I have difficulty to explain the problem clearly in english (and maybe it cause drama?).

Blake, the only thing you said that is true is that I only post in the sale area on some forum.

A video will follow soon, I had be better to buy a new rope... If time is money then I lost a lot of both!

Damn it.....$30 tag line sounded good. Everyone needs a pos tag line hanging about. I'd still be pissed the dude stole a rope.

Gandalf? I want to be Judge Roy Bean ;)

"Who did the killing?

Judge Roy Bean: I did. They were bad men, and the whores weren't ladies."

A video will follow soon, I had be better to buy a new rope... If time is money then I lost a lot of both!

Yeah, you're late getting out to the crags so you can top rope solo the 60m route with your double rack that has 6 different brands of cams.

LOLZ!!!!!

Yeah, you're late getting out to the crags so you can top rope solo the 60m route with your double rack that has 6 different brands of cams.

LOLZ!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging. -- Will Rogers

Why should I obtain by force that which I can obtain by cheating? ~ Doc Holiday

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence.

Conflict follows wrongdoing as surely as flies follow the herd. ~ Doc Holiday

and finally.......may be the best ;)

Don't interfere with something that ain't bothering' you none. ~ Judge Roy Bean