Beware of user: Mirk's

alexbaker

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Mirk's is not a climber. Climbers aren't dirtbags who rip people off.

Mirk's has only posted in the Yard Sale section, nowhere else. He's probably an Ebay hound buying stuff for cheap and reselling at profit.

Mirk's should be banned from CC and you should post notices on the other climbing boards if he doesn't do what's right.

From the pics the rope looks to be in good shape. You can see the ends and count the loops in the lap coil. You should be able to tell approx length just from these pics. If you had a comparison pic of another lap coiled 9.8mm 60m it should be obvious.

Looks like Mirk's is not a climber. Climbers aren't dirtbags who rip people off.

I'd like to think that is true, unfortunately, there are bad apples in any orchard. Every time I watch the news I here something like "I can't believe it happened here". As if their little spot in the world is free of crime and criminals. Granted, most climbers are good folks, as are most people in general. Still, keep outing these thugs, whether they climb or not...

I sold a used rope to this person (Mirko Fantini, aka Mirk's) in good condition. They didn't want to send payment until it was received. I've had good luck in the past with CC'ers,so I thought this no big deal. Mirko refused to pay, citing that the rope had core shots and was too short. Both I believe are BS. There are pics of the rope before I sent it at this link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/100176098532008204421/BealRope?authkey=Gv1sRgCJG29NKgqoS--wE

Here you can see the original rope ends (signaling that I didn't cut it). You could probably argue that you can't see every part of the rope and that there could be core shots elsewhere, however...

Mirk's, I asked you to do this via e-mail,but I didn't get a response: If you show pictures or some sort of proof that the rope actually does have core shots and/or has been chopped, I'll gladly delete this post and apologize.

Bottom line: I'm out the 40 bucks shipping to Canada plus a used rope, so no big deal, but I would advise against dealing with person.

Cheers all

Alex

WOW Alex... I said to you that I will send you back the rope because there is 2 core shot in it and because it's 52 meters and not 60 meters like stated. You don't say that? Also there is 2 major soft spots in the rope so it is good for retirement!

But I will not pay a dime because YOU ripped me off.

So, you can send me an UPS box with their prepaid service and I will put the rope inside. You will be able to put this rope in the garbage after, because it is the only place where this rope have to go. Maybe some people can do carpet with it or pull out trees but definitely not climbing.

And please don't try to sell your crap to climbers and after claiming your got ripped off or that people are dishonest!!! You sent the rope 8 or 9 days after you get supposed to give me a shipping quote and I was in vacation at that time so I waited to get the rope to pay since you sent it without payment. Now please stop making me loosing my time by asking pictures and lot of question via email I am definitely frustrated and insulted by your attitude and from the crap I received from you! I will send your rope back but not at my charge! That honest and fair and you do not have to claim for a rip off because I offered that to you even before this post.

Now you can email me if you want to resolve that instead of trying to resolve problems at large here! (Resolving = taking your rope back at your fees)

Edited by Mirk's

wow lesson learned. Never sell stuff to people without paypal

Never sell stuff "good for retirement" to people without PayPal or you will have to pay to get it shipped back to you.

Or just take it to this lady and problem solved....

judge-judy.jpeg

But she would probably tell you your retarded and had it coming for buying so much used gear. Are you trying to look all hard core or something Mirks?

I sold a used rope to this person (Mirko Fantini, aka Mirk's) in good condition. They didn't want to send payment until it was received. I've had good luck in the past with CC'ers,so I thought this no big deal. Mirko refused to pay, citing that the rope had core shots and was too short. Both I believe are BS. There are pics of the rope before I sent it at this link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/100176098532008204421/BealRope?authkey=Gv1sRgCJG29NKgqoS--wE

Here you can see the original rope ends (signaling that I didn't cut it). You could probably argue that you can't see every part of the rope and that there could be core shots elsewhere, however...

Mirk's, I asked you to do this via e-mail,but I didn't get a response: If you show pictures or some sort of proof that the rope actually does have core shots and/or has been chopped, I'll gladly delete this post and apologize.

Bottom line: I'm out the 40 bucks shipping to Canada plus a used rope, so no big deal, but I would advise against dealing with person.

Cheers all

Alex

WOW Alex... I said to you that I will send you back the rope because there is 2 core shot in it and because it's 52 meters and not 60 meters like stated. You don't say that? Also there is 2 major soft spots in the rope so it is good for retirement!

So, you can send me an UPS box with their prepaid service and I will put the rope inside. You will be able to put this rope in the garbage after, because it is the only place where this rope have to go. Maybe some people can do carpet with it or pull out trees but definitely not climbing.

And please don't try to sell your crap to climbers and after claiming your got ripped off or that people are dishonest!!! You sent the rope 8 or 9 days after you get supposed to give me a shipping quote and I was in vacation at that time so I waited to get the rope to pay since you sent it without payment. Now please stop making me loosing my time by asking pictures and lot of question via email I am definitely frustrated and insulted by your attitude and from the crap I received from you! I will send your rope back but not at my charge! That honest and fair and you do not have to claim for a rip off because I offered that to you even before this post.

Now you can email me if you want to resolve that instead of trying to resolve problems at large here! (Resolving = taking your rope back at your fees)

q7INu.jpg

Maybe another Canadian who may live close that Alex knows or is well known, like that Hoser G-spotter, can wander by and verify one story or the other? Maybe pick up the rope for the next time he bumps into the Alex?

That way, Mirks doesn't pay for a rope he feels was misrepresented and eventually Alex gets it back. He's still out the freight fee of course, not much to do about that.

I can send the rope back to Alex, but not at my fees.

I don't know if the rope was cut but it's 52m, I need it for solo top rope and this rope is too short for the use I want to do with it.

I will send the rope back at the expense of the seller because it is not like described and I cannot use the item.

I can throw it at the Gunks later in the summer or near the 87 in the way for New Paltz so instead of replying anything try to help us (me and/or Alex) or don't answer I think it will be better for anyone!

Edited by Mirk's

Post his address. and a bounty.
:tup:

DITTO! I really need to get up there to Canada anyway. :anger:

Oooh, this is fun. Judge, Jury, and Executioner! It makes you sound just like little bitches. Amusing! Thx for that. :lmao:

Anyway Alex, I really hope you get your rope back. Sucks. But, It sounds like he wants to send it back, so I don't know why you decided you needed to "out" him on the internet. But, since you have, I suggest that you guys split the shipping and call it even. Otherwise, what is your message here? That if I buy a rope from you that I feel isn't safe, I have to prove it photographically or you won't accept a return?

The other option, I guess, is you could just have all of your friends go up there and beat him up until he gives you money.

Edited by rob

rob,

I posted so other people are aware that dealing with Mirk's might be a pain in the ass, that's it. I don't really care about the rope or the money - I'll soon forget about both.

Mirko's "offer" is to send me a $30 rope @ $40 shipping. I'm not very interested. Maybe he'll send it to you instead, that would be fine with me! If fact: FOR SALE, Beal 9.8mm rope for $40 (less if you live in Canada!)

His other offer, quoting Mirko:

"I can destroy the rope and make you a video if you don’t want to pay"

:lmao: Lame. Thanks for the warning, he sounds like a pain in the ass.

This Mirk's is a gear merchant. He's been on here a year and all his posts are in the Yard Sale. Zero about anything climbing.

His very first post he misrepresents himself claiming to be here as a climber, he wants to double his rack and is asking for 6 different brands of cams. Who racks with 6 different brand cams?

Now after posting gear pics all over the web it's suddenly inconvenient to post pics of this supposed bad rope.

Now when someone is offered to drop by and check the rope it's suddenly inconvenient, he'll drop it at the Gunks later this summer. LOLZ!!!

Always good to get both sides of the disagreement :-)

Dealing with a POS Pay Pal buyer in Australia at the moment myself. So Pay Pal is no guarantee you won't be dealing with some asshole here or in in another country.

Transactions work because there is some mutual trust between seller and buyer.

Have to say this is the sellers fault (mine as well) for trusting the buyer. It is the way I always start a transaction. Without a prior trustworthy relationship why would anyone ever send something to anyone before they pay for it, thinking they might actually do the right thing?

I just love the attitude of Mirk. He got the rope at no cost. Found it doesn't fit his needs. Fair enough. But then refuses to pay for it (fair enough again). But refuses to return it at his cost? Not returning the rope (at the buyer's cost) in the same condition it was recieved and making every effort to do so quickly is dishonest and imo simply stealing..it is theft. Which makes Mirk a thief imo.

WTF are you thinking Mirk? You are clearly ripping Alex off here. The same dude who was trusting enough to help you out.

All this over $30 in shipping??!!...it is beyond me what people will do for a few bucks.

The seller may have unintentionally communicated the condition of the rope. But pretty obvious he thought he was selling what the buyer wanted, why else would he send the rope out of the country without payment and additionally pay the shipping costs and custom's hassles to Canada?

I don't know Mirk or Alex. Never had a transaction with either. But obvious to me Mirk is a dishonorable Pieceofshit.

Wake up dumb ass.

I've had several potential buyers here on CC.com ask to have something shipped prior to payment. Some I have even met in person. The request be it for $5 or $5000 will never happen. They are tire kickers at best or more likely simply snake oil salesmen trying to get their hands in your pants. Just as Mirk did here. I have how ever sent gear before I have recieved payment many times. But NEVER to anyone that has ever actually asked me to.

Oh, btw...anyone buying a used rope to actually use for anything but a haul line described as, "This is a very well used rope. It's been fallen on, TR'd on etc. But, like I said, it's not really that frayed or dirty. I can't say I would recommend it as your primary rope. I'll accept really any reasonable offer." is a bit off anyway....the end result should have been expected ;)