D Kloke Memorial Workparty - April 23

jlunsford

Dallas Kloke Memorial Work Party April 23 @ Mt. Erie - Dallas worked for many years on Mt. Erie and used to set up work parties with Anacortes Parks and Recreation to help do everything from cleaning garbage off the summit to repairing and maintaining trails. On April 23rd we will continue in that tradition.

Please meet us at Ray Auld Drive at the base of Mt. Erie at 9am. There we will break into smaller groups that will pick up trash, prune trails, pull scotch broom and other tasks. We will work until about 11:30am. Please bring gloves and appropriate clothes to work on the mountain. Pruning saws and loppers would be helpful to bring if you have them and want to work on that project. The City will provide additional tools and supplies. Call 360-293-1918 with any questions about the work party.

After the work party Solid Rock Climbers for Christ is organizing a memorial for Dallas on Mt. Erie. Please see their website for more information on that event. http://www.srcfc.org/Events/DallasKlokeMemorialWorkday

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonn, thanks for posting this and taking on work party part. In preparation for memorial gathering I prepared a photo book of his climbing including what he and others wrote. It was such a blessing to know him. I'm planning on doing what he calls the best route at Mt. Erie, Zig Zag, in mountain boots and tied in with a bowline on a coil (sans pitons) as he suggested in his guidebook. Hope to meet many of his friends on the 23rd. Calvin

• 2 weeks later...

Great Photo Matt!!! Dallas would've been proud of Calvin's lead. Thanks to one and all who attended- we got a lot of trail work done, and climbed Dallas's classic Zig-Zag under a warm sun. You couldn't ask for a better day to remember one of our local legends. And, as least as far as I'm concerned, Dallas kept the ticks at bay. Thanks!