"FRED BECKEY'S SURVIVOR BIRTHDAY PARTY"

Puma

SAVE THE DATE ......! Friday, January 14, 2011

for FRED BECKEY'S 'SURVIVOR WINTER-ASCENT' BIRTHDAY PARTY!

[ WHERE? Not telling yet ..... THE IN-SEATTLE BASE-CAMP LOCATION TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER .... ]

PLEASE NOTE THE SEVERITY OF THE *SURVIVOR PARTY* CONDITIONS:

• IT WILL BE FREEZING COLD (JANUARY, OUTDOORS).

• IT WILL BE RAINY & WET ....OR ICEY SNOW.

• IT WILL BE DARK AS NIGHT ... STARTS AT 7:00pm

THIS PARTY WILL BE AN EPIC: FRED WILL BE 88 YEARS OLD!

IT WILL BE OUTSIDE. COME PREPARED FOR FULL-ON WINTER CLIMBING CONDTIONS, BRING YOUR TOOLS, YOUR HEADLAMP, YOUR WARMEST CLOTHES, SOME TEMPORARY SHELTER, YOUR INSTINCT TO STAY ALIVE UNDER THE HARSHEST CONDITIONS AND PACK YOUR HIGHEST PARTY AMBITIONS!

NO LUXURIES, NO INDOOR PLUMBING, NO WARMTH PROVIDED. GET USE TO IT OR DON'T COME TO FRED'S PARTY!

MORE INFORMATION and the HOW-TO-BUY -TICKET$ WILL BE FORWARDED TO THOSE WHO EMAIL WITH THEIR RSVP TO: mbondpauli (at) hotmail (d0t) com ...... (as before, there will be a minimal cost to help cover food)

NOTE: FRED'S FRIENDS THAT WANT TO ATTEND SHOULD EMAIL ME AT mbondpauli (at) hotmail (dot) com or "Facebook Friend" me IN ORDER TO GET ONTO THE GUEST LIST = AS THIS WILL KEEP YOU IN THE LOOP. ..... I WILL ABSOLUTELY NEED A HEAD COUNT FOR THE GRUB AND MUST MAINTAIN A GUEST LIST.

Thanks and see you on January 14th!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Rob,

The idea of doing something like this “potluck style” always crosses my mind – and then I come to my senses.

I know climbers: “Potluck” means that two people each a bring a bag of potato chips, five people bring six-packs of beer, someone brings a flask of Jack Daniel’s to pass around, Matt Perkins brings Porksicles, and there’s a box of Twinkies somebody throws in. The rest of the 84 people that show up don’t bring anything at all because, “hey, it’s a potluck …. Everybody else is bringing food.” And people get grumbley when they don’t eat.

As I am not Jesus, I cannot feed a multitude of people with five loaves of bread and two fishies, (or in this case, over a hundred on a bag of Lays and a few brews), so this just seems to make more sense. And as I am not Warren Buffet, my pockets are not deep enough to take on all the expense (dang!). As before, the cost will be defrayed by guests essentially helping to underwrite the cost of their own *semi-catered* meal. And no one goes hungry!

Success? You betcha! I hope you can make I, Rob …. I haven’t heard from you yet!