• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
wayne

first ascent [TR] FA-Black Spider-Center Drip-Mt Hood 3/6/201

Yeeeaaaahhh guys, looks sweet! Seems like a lot of good climbing. Was the crux tougher due to steepness or just unsavory ice?

Wow. Always have looked at these lines and thought "when will it get a FA"....

Well here is my answer.

You guys ... :rawk::rawk::rawk:

Yeah.

Strong work Wayne and Beau!

Do you have a larger copy of that topo picture, if so I'd love to take a gander.

The biggest one have online is on my old website with the "Oregon Page" . I could email you the file I have now. It is a scan anyways so it is not so hot. The material I have seen from the new guide will be top notch. Wish I could out it for you all :(

well it has been 16 years in the making for Wayne so it is a safe bet to say that this route comes in once every couple decades or so. So you better get after it now cause it may not come back in your lifetime.

Maybe climate change will make this route come back more often.

Thank you Gene, but I beg to differ, It probably comes in near every year. It is up at 10,000'. I only saw it "out" a few times when it may have been dry. I saw it in many times, but a series of unfortunate incidences (mostly weather and deep snow) kept the carrot away.

Nice work! Looks like you guys got the ultimate window...Im very curious about the spider myself....any good routes for summer minus rock fall?

Team WayneBeau sickie rides again! Way to stick with the obsession, looks like you had a really swell time.

Nice work! Looks like you guys got the ultimate window...Im very curious about the spider myself....any good routes for summer minus rock fall?

Though the Elder /Russell was done in summer, it is not recommended!

Sweet looking route Wayne, way to keep after it year after year! Sticky, cool looking ice to boot.

Cheers