CC.com SausageFest '09 Slide Show Sun Nov. 15th

jon

Folks,

More details to come in the next few days to week. SausageFest is scheduled for Sunday Nov. 15 at Shultzy's restaurant in Seattle. For those of you don't know about this, or forgot what happened when you were there, this is our big slide show/party we try to put on every year. I know we haven't done this for a few years so we have a little something special planned for this one. PUT this on your calendar, you WILL NOT miss this event.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Historically it has been pretty favorable to those who come, and I can't see it being any different this year. There will be a drink special. Shultzys arguably has one of the best sets of rotating taps in Seattle. It's not uncommon for them to have one of two kegs on the westcoast of something from Europe.

Yeah, I figured it was City Park. Let's see, Todd Skinner led it first, and I can't remember the other two off the top of my head. One was a double amputee though.

Okay, I just looked it up, but I won't spoil the fun.

EDIT: I think there were 4 free ascents...

Edited by skibum14

Watts was the man, but if you didn't send, doesn't really count. Hell, I've "lead" the thing...it was 5.10 C1+ for me.

But you do a great disservice to Mike Shaeffer, who got the second redpoint, by leaving him off your list. Skinner did not climb the full line, detouring around some .11 in the upper half...survey says, no send or send of easier variation at best.

IMO, your list should go something like:

Skinner: freed cruxes, failed to redpoint.

Watts: freed cruxes, failed to redpoint.

Hugh Herr: Sent, but controversy over prosthetic feet used.

Shaeffer: First send with no controvesy.