Looking for climbing couples with kids/babies

climberchica

My husband and I are pretty avid weekend climbers during the the fall and spring- about 16 weekends total. We had a baby in August and quickly realized we need to bring more sets of hands when we climb. None of our climbing friends have children, so it's a bit of an imposition to expect them to come with us AND put up with a baby. Do you love to climb AND have kids?? Come climbing with us! We can trade off watching the kids and everyone will get to climb.

We usually go to Smith and camp past Skull Hollow (did it last fall with the 8-week-old) or Tieton River Range and camp up one of the forest roads. Occasionally, we also make a trip to Frenchmen's Coulee and stay in my parents' cabin down the road. We are primarily sport climbers and climb in the 10b-10d range, but we are happy to climb with anyone.

Shoot me a message and we can get together before the season starts (sorry, but it's ski season right now!).

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that sounds pretty similar to my situation - well, except maybe for the "avid" part. I like to get out as much as I can, which has been a lot less since we had our baby in October.

We do know another couple that climbs a little & has a 9-month old, but haven't put together any outings yet in the winter months.

But shoot me a note once things warm up a bit, and we'll hopefully be looking to get out.

You guys should also hook up with Gent and Chau. A nicer couple of folks to hang around a campfire probably can't be found, they both climb, and they just had... *cough* cough ....TWINS! Now they have their firstborn and 2 more..and they're all so adorable too.

I spent a Yosemite trip with them and their first boy once, and another trip to Trout Creek: they rotated who would go climb, and I was fortunate to climb with them both in Yos....good times for sure, as an old dad I'm use to watching lil ones, but I admit, as you age, you want to spend less time at it:-)! I didn't go out this weekend cause my little one was coming back from college and wants to spend time with me, something I feel damn good about too, so I just hung out thinking we'd go ski or something.

I've spent a lesser amount of time with Hemp22, but he sure seems like a great dude, I'd road trip or tie in with him anytime.

Gent works at Club Milf sport, has brown hair and has the Finish/Germanic accent in case you want to connect, even if for just a camping trip to like Trout Creek or something. Sorry, too much water to be watching the lil ones there IMO. Smith would be good.

Excellent work everyone! Hemp, we will definitely have to hook up. How do you feel about April climbing at Smith? Before then, I've got some skiing to do and bike racing to struggle at. We take our baby everywhere- nasty ski lodge floor: check, shady caves at Smith: check, raging campfires: check.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys sounds like you're doing well on still getting out and staying active. Sounds like you are all in the Portland area. We have a 2 1/2 year old and although it keeps getting better (the kids part) we have yet to find a compatible "climbing" couple with similar goals to plan camping and climbing trips with.