Possible stolen gear being sold on craigslist

Alpinfox

How 'bout this one? If it's not stolen, it's a hot friggin deal!!

50m Climbing Rope and chalk ball - $25 (SE)

Reply to: sale-gkthv-1085885439@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Date: 2009-03-21, 4:27PM PDT

For Sale: Mammut Flash Single Rope 50 meter and Bison Chalk ball

Rope details: Brand new in package, never been used, 10.5 mm diameter, 50 meter, Super-Dry

Chalk ball details: Bison Chalk Ball new in package

Asking $25.00 for rope and chalk ball

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/spo/1085885439.html

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looks suspicious...

http://boulder.craigslist.org/spo/1533530332.html

Although posted on Boulder CL, the guy has two other posts on Seattle CL.

Red & blue webbing, a tri-cam, what look like some Metolius cams, Black Diamond cams (pre-C4's, C4s, C3's), color-coordinated wire gate biners, draw marked with blue & white tape.

Hahaha! Black Diamond "Cambors"! Yyyup. Stolen gear.

"SO I HAVE THIS CLIMBING GEAR AND I HAVE NO USE FOR IT ANYMORE SINCE I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ADVANCED TERMINAL CANCER.IF INTERESTED GIVE ME A CALL..."

Advanced terminal cancer? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I agree, Steve. If I were to be diagnosed with advanced termianl cancer, I'd quit my job and climb my ass off until the day I expired.

"SO I HAVE THIS CLIMBING GEAR AND I HAVE NO USE FOR IT ANYMORE SINCE I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ADVANCED TERMINAL CANCER.IF INTERESTED GIVE ME A CALL..."

Advanced terminal cancer? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I agree, Steve. If I were to be diagnosed with advanced termianl cancer, I'd quit my job and climb my ass off until the day I expired.

Yea, and free solo!

• 3 weeks later...

Suspicious Craigslist ad from kitsap county:

lots of new climbing gear

hey i have some climbing gear i used once and an indoor facility, and then i never went back to use it.i am not to hot on sellen in little chunks i really need the money, but if you want a few of the more expencive items we can work somethin out.(rope and harnes and quickdraws) i have a mammut passion 10mm 60 meter rope,5 oval mammut,5 blackdimond rocklock, 1 black dimond rocklock mini, caribeners i have 6 blackdimond quickdraw caribeners,and 1 wiregate caribener. 1 blackdimond atc -xp belay device, 2 mammut bleay devices as well as 2 black dimond atc-?? belay devices. aso i have a medium back dimond harnes. used never i just rented then bought all this stff and never used it gin. i live in allen, but i go to school near bremerton, so reall any place around those two plces i can meet or whatever works. i would like 350 or best offer. its al new so its worth a littlebit, if your intrested e mail @ hankhankb@hotmail.com or gimi a shout at 360 509 2411. i can send images if needed there is just alot of stuff to post pics of

I contacted the guy and he emailed a picture:

1093.JPG

Lots of brand new-looking BD gear. Not sure what those green fig-8 things are.

• 2 months later...

A suspicious ad in south King county.

LINK

3nd3m83oc5V55T55S2a4qffbafaad96b9188b.jpg

I HAVE A MED. SINGING ROCK CLIMBING HARNESS, CAMELBAK MAXIMUM GEAR 3 LTR. HYDRATION PACK, BLACK CREEK GUIDE GEAR FANNY PACK WITH HYDRATION, AND SOME MISC. CLIMBING ITEMS, AND A BLAKLITE PAN SET, ALL IN A COMPASS DUFFLE BAG...... ALL ITEMS ARE NEW AND TOTAL COST OVER $400, I WANT $100 CASH . E-MAIL ME AND LEAVE A PH. NUMBER, I WILL GET RIGHT BACK TO YOU.....

Seems like the random assortment of gear one might get if they swiped a duffel out of someone's car.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I sent the guy a few emails, but I haven't heard back yet. So if you all see a craigslist ad for ice screws and a pair of Aztar ice tools modified to go leashless let me know. I had two bags stolen from my car about a month ago in Bellingham. I have kept my eye open at the local pawn shops and craigslist, but haven't had any luck. chances are its gone, but one can hope.

• 9 months later...