Ozone Guidebook Release Party

crimper

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bill, but now that I think about Kevin's comment I better call Ben and check that he put it up in the one by the trail and not the one over on the front of the office...

was out there today - it's up on the case by the trail, but a bigger one on the sign down by the rock would be much more noticable

are there cougars at beacon? saw a critter walking down by the river while i was cleaning the brambles out of the base of riverside this afternoon - it had a very feline-like gait and was clearly too big for a bobcat, but from that far away i couldn't be certain it wasn't a dog. someone's re-installed a rap station on tree-ledge too.

looking forward to the par-tay

There is a very large Bobcat out and about there. Haven't seen it for a bit. Glad to hear the flyer is up in the right case. If you've got a bigger one they'd be happy to swap them. Not sure putting one up on a tree or the lower sign would go over with them however.

Thanks Bill, but now that I think about Kevin's comment I better call Ben and check that he put it up in the one by the trail and not the one over on the front of the office...

was out there today - it's up on the case by the trail, but a bigger one on the sign down by the rock would be much more noticable

are there cougars at beacon? saw a critter walking down by the river while i was cleaning the brambles out of the base of riverside this afternoon - it had a very feline-like gait and was clearly too big for a bobcat, but from that far away i couldn't be certain it wasn't a dog. someone's re-installed a rap station on tree-ledge too.

looking forward to the par-tay

There has been a cougar spotting here in NB last summer and also a huge bobcat in our backyard, could be either one. Geoff said they were watching a black bear for a while out at Beacon too. Edited by denalidave

There was a mama black bear and three cubs out quite a bit three years ago. She'd bring the kids down from Hamilton across the tracks just east of the Corner, walk them down the tracks towards the boat lauch to fish and then walk them back.

Cougars would have a long tail compared to a Bobcat.

So does the Lucky Lab have even the slightest idea how many people are going to descend upon them? Someone might really want to give them a heads up that they're going to be entertaining some serious traffic...

Seen the movie '300'? Hopefully it will just be a beer-soaked floor by the end of the night.

Now I'm clearly no Oracle, but me? I'd tell'em to brace for the worst best case scenario, staff big, fire up the burners, lay in a few extra kegs, and then at about 4:45, lash themselves to the foremasts. It's gonna be a rough ride...

i've seen both a cougar and a bear walking down the train track while climbing in the free for all to pipeline area. on different occasions.

as for the lab, we spent a while explaining to the manager to expect a minimum of 200-300 people. he said he would start the night fully staffed and start to send people home if he could. he was super cool, and absolutely understood the nature of the event.