outdoor stores in wenatchee

Sol

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arlberg's has some climbing stuff, but not as much as they used to. They focus more on bikes, skis, and clothing. They might still have some harnesses and and random shoes but probably not much of a selection.

Mountain Air Gear is newer, has some climbing gear, harnesses, biners, runners, ropes and maybe some shoes. A lot of clothes, packs, shoes, maps, water bottles, etc.

If I need climbing gear and can't find it on mountaingear.com I'll head to Leavenworth Mountain Sports. They have pro, biners, ropes, much more than the other stores.

Might help to know what you're looking for...

How do you get to MTn Air??

--I was there once but can't remember which ally like entrance I go down behind denny's.

Agree that LMS rocks!

Unsuprised about the lack of a size; last minute shopping in good 'ole 509 can bite you in the ass unless your willing to be prepared for disappointment.

• 6 years later...

6 year bump.

I was trying to find out if any stores in town sell climbing gear, webbing, cord, etc. Doesn't look like Mountain Air Gear still exists unless it has moved locations. I drove by on my way home the other day and all that was there was an RC hobby store. Suggestions for any place in Wenatchee to pick up cord? Or is the nearest place Leavenworth?

LMS is great. But an alternative is to drive to Seattle to Pro Mountain Sports or Marmot OR do Mountain Gear in Spokane (close to same distance) or just do online from Mountain Gear or other.

I had a friend who tried two pairs of rock shoes on and decided to take one of each due to slightly different fit on each foot. That is one of the few things that doesn't happen on the interweb.

Priorites are 1) buy local then 2) buy smart

Edited by matt_warfield