Dennick Lake

drater

After seeing some photo's of this bolderfield on my friends computer, I got beta'd up and went looking. 15 miles NE of Sandpoint and an easy downhill 3/4 mile hike, found this:

DSC01334.JPG

DSC01359.JPG

some steep stuff out of the lake

DSC01342.JPG

DSC01340.JPG

DSC01353.JPG

some good stuff back in the woods too, including this massive (20'tall x 100' long) quartz block back in this mosquito infested grotto that forced us out before pictures could be taken

DSC01357.JPG

The cliffs above the lake, apparently not in any of the pictures I uploaded to my server, are pretty sick, steep granite with lots of cracks and a couple insane looking aretes. Word is that some guy has done some route development, I'll try and find more beta on this for anyone wanting chufftard action.

Anybody want to hook up and go boldering, PM me, about 10 pads and 4-5 spotters would be sick for all the good problems up in the talus slope, that big bolder by the lack has about 1' of water around the base as of two weeks ago, but clearly it will dry out and be a sick grassy landing soon.

Everything faces due west for shade in the mornings. Which is good, cuz it's been 100F.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days