"AKICEBUM" RIPPED ME OFF

piscomac

Bought two pairs of boots from akicebum about a month ago and haven't seen them or heard from him since. Called and called but nothing.

Went by Ryan

akicebum@gmail.com

406-529-5321

Buyers Beware!!!! This guy rips people off.

Does anyone know him? How I contact him? What I can do, etc?

Thanks.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He the one selling the La Sportiva Nepal Extremes for a really good price? That sucks! I pmed him about those and he replied saying they were a hot commodity and they were already sold.....

I think if he was really trying to rip people off he likely would have told me that they were not sold and to go ahead and send a check......bummer.

He was in Bozeman from the sounds of oe of his posts.

That is a small town and would be a small climbing community.

Post somewhere in partners or the Climbers forum to see if anyone from Bozeman can help you figure out what's up.

From the look of some of his posts though, I doubt that he is riping you off.

Good luck!

Well, here he says he was living in "Granite Falls" which would most likly be Washington. Curious that he posted in partners just like another old time CC.comer who hasn't been around for a while.

Link

*Cough* ARC* Cough * ARC*

Good luck, hopefully it's a fluke. Dude only registered 6-2007 too. Had anyone here climbed with AKicefall?

Ryan's a really good guy, I've climbed with him and I find it HIGHLY unlikely that he would be trying to rip you off. He's been in Canada climbing since the beginning of the month. He just tried calling me tonight but I didn't get to talk to him. When I do speak with him I'll tell him he should check the site and he can respond himself.

Ryan's a really good guy, I've climbed with him and I find it HIGHLY unlikely that he would be trying to rip you off. He's been in Canada climbing since the beginning of the month. He just tried calling me tonight but I didn't get to talk to him. When I do speak with him I'll tell him he should check the site and he can respond himself.

Bill, your post and testimony has got to be a breath of fresh air to Pisco. I'm sure he'll be pleased to hear AK's a real person and not Arc back with a new Avatar. It should mean that once someones project or route gets done, the boots at some point will get sent. Which is still PF lame that it's been a month and not even a e-mail to the buyer.

I was in Canada I have spoken with andy and have not cashed the money order. Believe what you want but you can contact Andy and find out the actual circumstances. Climbing world is too small to pull that kind of shit. I was waiting for the money order to arrive, when it didn't I left for Canada. I just got the order this week. The boots are locked up in an apartment in Granite, my roomie has the keys but he went home for Christmas. Andy will either receive two pair of boots or his money.

yeah I thought I drove that point home, but I would get nervous, then pissed too if I sent $225 halfway across the country for some boots then the seller dropped off the face of the earth. I just sent him an email asking why this post is still up. Thats why I put the ski boots up as a seattle only you dodge a lot of communication issues if it is in person cash in hand. I don't even have an address outside of alaska anymore.

All the same, it's a pretty loose definition of "ripped off" if the check hadn't been cashed yet...

MONEY ORDER = cash paid out before you send it. The person who bought those boots is already out the $225 - he paid that months ago, and AKICEBUM now has both the boots and the cash (which, IMHO, is the sign of a shitty seller)

He said its a money order--not a check. Big difference. You can stop payment on a check.

I recently bought something from ebay and the seller would only accept a check or money order. I sent off the check and asked him to tell me when he received it--no response. I email him twice more to find out about the check and he finally responds telling me he has it and after it clears he will send the merchandise. What he didn't say was that he was taking off for 3 weeks the next day. It wasn't a lot of money but I was chapped that the dumbass wasn't responding to my inquiries for shipment information so I contacted ebay. That got no response either so I contested the transaction--guess what? Next day I get an email from him. I gave him negative feedback and he did the same to me.

Communicate folks.

checks and money orders are kinda different... a money order doesn't have to be cashed for the sender to lose his money. you pay first, then you must act to get your money back if it is not cashed. you must keep your receipt/records.

a check, otoh, does not cause money to be taken out of your account unless it is redeemed for cash. no action is required if the check goes uncashed.

however, he wasn't out $225 until the money order was cashed, so in that sense, the two methods are more alike than different. AKICEBUM was right to refrain from cashing it, meaning he did NOT have both the boots and the cash.

get ur facts strate, huey

Good to hear there is peace and joy in the world of CC.com. Ryan is an honest guy, maybe a bit of a climbing dirtbag, but wouldn't we all like to be the guy who can run off to Canada and climb for a month? :) I am sure he wouldn't try to rip anyone off. And I've seen those boots you bought, Pisco you are getting some good shit when it get's there.