hot rope deal -NOW!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear it Doug, it may be one of the last great deal as the newer Euro ropes come in at a higher cost. Hope you got the 20% off coupon as well.

BTW - careful if you tie them together for rappin'! Ones a 60 and ones a 70! and I'm glad you won't have to borrow mine too! :)

Oh yeah, by ordering them separately I got the 20% on each of them, and opted for store delivery in PDX with my son picking them up, knocking off sales tax and shipping.

I've got some 60m skinny doubles that I'll drag one along for rapping with the new 60. The other will be my first 70m rope, yee haw.

• 1 month later...

I've got some 60m skinny doubles that I'll drag one along for rapping with the new 60. The other will be my first 70m rope, yee haw.

Major upscalin' is happening all around here. I got my first 70M as well just last year. For ya know it, folks will be gettin jobs and stuff. :wave:

• 1 month later...

Alright beyotches, it's spring, time to make sure you stuff is up to snuff. Heres' a rope you should buy to replace your old POS that you don't even want to be toproping with.

REI must have had some of these left over, as the dollar to Euro thing should have hit to make this a $200 rope you'd think.

Like this? Click here.

Edelrid Fat Rock Slim 10mm x 60m Non-Dry Rope $114.93 !

nother one from Backcountry gear!

Backcountry gear Monster rope link

Monster 9.8mm 9.8mm x 60m Standard $122.50

Monster 9.8mm 9.8mm x 70m Standard $146.30

I think these Metolius Monster ropes are made in Europe by Lanex, My pard Ujhan had a Lanex we used a lot over the last 6 or so years, and it may have been what I consider the best handling rope I've ever used. Not by a wide margin, but to me, I loved his rope more than any other. I think he'd got it at a closeout, and was embarrassed by buying a "cheap" rope when I asked what he paid (I'd expected it to be at the exact opposite of the price spectrum). Once we started using it: ahhhhh, he wasn't embarrassed at all by the handling! It still looks great, and we were using it for toproping last year and have also been trying to chop it by tossing rocks from new routes on it - but somehow missing, but for only @$100 bill, best to get a new one anyway. We have an easier future project still planned for it (I was taling with him today about trying to kill it some other way) so it won't go to waste.

I don't know if these Monsters have the feature, but the Metolius 7.8mil double Monsters I have have these awesome tufts to mark the middle and 30' in, so you can find the middle mark in the dark BY FEEL, even when you AGAIN forgot your headlamp and are epicing to get off in the dark....AGAIN. As they're florescent tufts, even if you are over 50 and are on the ledge 20 feet away or over half way up Levitation you can spot the middle if you need too:-) cough* bail* cough.

Let's keep this thread an ongoing thing. Because I frequently project sport routes, I buy a new rope about every 7 months and the prices on ropes are all over the board (perhaps more so than any other gear we buy). For example, a few years ago I bought a 60m dry 9.6mm for 79 bucks from a company that is now out of the rope business. Whereas the same rope at REI would have have been nearly 200.

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto what Bill said.

It would be fine if you are making your first purchase/ don't want to invest much/ or don't plan on climbing that much.

Otherwise, you will end up with a bunch of bail biners and an abused top rope when you are ready to upgrade to higher quality and lighter gear.

http://www.climbaxe.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=70 Looks kind of like a good deal to a newbie like me. Would this be worth it?

That's actually a pretty good deal, but be aware that the quickdraws may not be as nice/functional/easy to use as say BD or Petzl etc.

The rope is the same as found here:

http://www.madrockclimbing.com/madrockropes.aspx

Anyone have any input on Madrock Ropes? Or a rope is a rope, right? Less than $120 for a dry 60M is pretty good...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Link

Metolius 9.8mm Monster rope for ONLY $109. Awesome rope and great deal. IF YOU NEED A ROPE, THIS IS IT.

I used Jons link so he might get credit for the business, but once there, click on clearance shit and the Monster deal rope is right there.

If you climb with me YOU NEED THIS ROPE! Shit, you could ebay them for $140 and make some scratch too. Truly a Monster deal.

sadly they are all sold out

Kevino: try again, they show stock on the 60M standard non-dry and say it ships within 24 hours. Link

Product availability as of 28-May-08

Name Size Color Availability

Monster 9.8mm 9.8mm x 60m Dry Various Sorry, this item is sold out.

Monster 9.8mm 9.8mm x 70m Dry Various Sorry, this item is sold out.

Monster 9.8mm 9.8mm x 60m Standard Various Ships within 24 hours

Monster 9.8mm 9.8mm x 70m Standard Various Sorry, this item is sold out.

My entire order is backordered 2 weeks. I ordered a range of sizes so I'm guessing they don't have any C4s in stock. It's frustrating but those are good prices so I guess I have to surrender something (in this case, speed).

My entire order is backordered 2 weeks. I ordered a range of sizes so I'm guessing they don't have any C4s in stock. It's frustrating but those are good prices so I guess I have to surrender something (in this case, speed).

The shipment from China will be in soon with your BD cams, patience. Buy a Czeck rope and relax.

it's not too hard to find C4's for 20% off. REI just had them for this price at their big sale a few weeks ago, and I've bought them with this discount online before from backcountrygear or one of the other popular vendors (gearexpress, etc etc)