Off_White

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Between the good weather and the oncoming time change, this Wednesday looks to be the stunning season closer to Olympia Climbing Wednesdays 2008. Everything on the crag, all 36 routes, is completely dry, and anyone so inclined should c'mon out and get some dry cragging while they still can. Jibby, this means you should blow off that climbing team nonsense and come feed your monkey down on the real rock.

Well, with just three of us it was more out with a whimper than a bang, but what a swell year. Thanks all ya'll for playing, maybe some more of you cubicle monkeys will come next year.

I'll be sending out notices to the email list as things periodically dry throughout the winter, but this thread is unstickied for the duration.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Ugh!! not a good start to the season!

The doc couldn't see on the xrays if there is a break or not, due to the present swelling, just that the ligaments are all messed up. If what she sees is a break, it's a bad one, six weeks in a cast :( Tuesday I go back for further tests.

Either way I won't be at the quarry for a while, oh well.

UPDATE: Wed 4-29-09

I just took a stroll down the crag and the recent rain has dampened things considerably. About the only dry things are:

Calvin & Hobbes 5.10b

Futility Bill 5.11d

Rubber Boa 5.11c

Never Give An Inch 5.12b

The Riddler 5.11c

If any of these are on your list, feel free to c'mon out, but it's a pretty stiff and limited offering. Most everything else on the right side has some wetness at the top, but should be good with one day of good weather.

EDIT: it's raining now

Edited by Off_White

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Wed 5-13-09

Wet weather has left most things rather damp, Rubber Boa and Calvin & Hobbes were the only things climable at today's noon inspection, so I don't think this Wednesday has much to offer the evening crowd.

We had a fair bit of rain yesterday and the rock is pretty wet on the surface right now, but not actively dripping. It will all depend on whether the sun blazes today or not. I'll post up around 2:00 with an afternoon report.

Some things are dry:

Legends 5.12c

Riddler 5.11c

Rubber Boa 5.11c

Confuscious 5.11c

Shaking Hands With The Governor 5.10b (right edge of the flake is wet, but you could work with it)

Virgins 5.11c (might have a wet hold on the handrail at the top)

Squirt Theory 5.10d (direct finish is wet, you'd have to do the right friction finish)

Calvin & Hobbes 5.10b

Folks are welcome to come out, but obviously it's a limited offering