Olympia Climbing Wednesdays

Off_White

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope thats work or vacation and not a finger,ankle or elbow :)

Hey, I've been pretty healthy!

I'll be spending Wednesday nights through May picking up my son from the gym...and maybe getting in a few boulder problems myself, if traffic from Oly doesn't suck and make me late.

It's a wee bit damp out here, probably climable, though we did have about 12 hours of steady rain, and the stone might be a little tender. I haven't heard from any of the regular crew, I don't know that anyone is coming out tonight.

The stone is tender?, that mean's we can damage it? If that's the case I should give it a miss and go to the warehouse methinks?

If you want to play I'll come down, otherwise I'll climb inside.

Lemme know what you wanna do, I'm ok either way.

Dave :)

Yyes, the damp sandstone is more likely to have holds break off, and most routes don't have any holds to spare. The rain was more than just a casual shower, so I think it would be prudent to not climb today, though I'm rather impatient to do some climbing. ah well.

I'm out for tonight, working on the deck and the garden. Thanks for Monday though, Off, it was awesome. 7 pitches in two hours and I was done, have to build up some endurance. Speaking of holds breaking off, I thought Hercules had lost it's starting holds, then realized it was just harder then I remembered! Yikes!

• 2 weeks later...