Olympia Climbing Wednesdays

Off_White

We got a lot of rain overnight, and it persisted into the morning. The wall doesn't look bad, but holds feel slightly damp and I thing the sandstone will be a little tender and prone to breakage. I'd really like to climb, but prudence dictates that its not in the cards for tonight. Sorry everyone.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We're dragging down to the end of the season, but the weather looks good this evening and there are dry routes. Unfortunately, I booked a meeting for 5pm tonight back when I thought it would be raining, so I may not make it, but all ya'll regulars should think about coming out.

[font:Arial Black]October 7th 2009[/font]

Weather looks stellar for this Wednesday, and you never know which week will be the season closer. Crisp temps are good for climbing hard, a fine opportunity to put your end of season skillz to work. It's getting darker earlier, so come early.

quarry_in_june_09.jpg

black_elvis_edited.jpg

Edited by Off_White

Ok guys, time to sign up for the prize giveaway/comp thingy. WE NEED MASTERS! Treat it as a good oppertunity to win some new stuff and try some, not all, maybe just ONE!, route. FREE STUFF? It's OCT 17th as you know, and its going to be raining so don't think of skipin! -jimmy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Funny you should ask, I was just walking down the driveway to work, admiring the clear skies and profile of the crag and wondering if this might not be the opportunity to tick the first ever December ascent of a route at the Quarry. I'll go look later today, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least Calvin & Hobbes was dry. Possible rain on the horizon for Friday though...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...