Seattle Drytool Night

Weekend_Climberz

Hey I wanna go too. Exit 15 off I-90 and then look for the P&R?

Do I need to bring ropes and rack or just harness/tools/poons?

Just bring a harness/tools/poons/helmet (definately helmet!!!) and I've got rope as well as at least one other. bigdrink.gif

If you are unsure of where we meet at, check a few pages back (page 2, mid-page). The main group will be meeting at 5:00-5:15pm tonight Thursday, December 29th 2005. See you guys there!!

Edited by Weekend_Climberz

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Err...I was planning on attending the Gary Brill Avalanche lecture at REI at 7pm on Wednesday this week. It would work for me if we skipped this week and did it on Wednesday next week the 18th of January.

I try to make Mondays a rest day for me (I gotta recover from all the working out, skiing, and DT'ing I've been getting in).

hmmmm, what we need is more victims! Any other poor suckers want to go fool around on real rock? I just found out there's another set of anchors off to the left so there'll be a new route to try out? Otherwise next wed. should be fine.

I'm trying to actually improve my rockclimbing and strength so will be hitting the gym on Tues./Thurs. But Wed. will be great.

So any other takers? Tanstaffl? Rocnoggin? Olymtnboy? Alex?

Once again much muddy fun was had by all. Had a nice even 4 people and put up a rope on one of the first anchor left of the bolt lines. There's one more anchor a little further left that we'll have to put last time.

And I'm feeling jazzed so a very minor chestbeat but I managed to lead the left-hand bolt line up the anchors, though I did take a 5' fall at the lip above the last bolt. fruit.giffruit.gif

Good job on the lead, Selkirk. I was unnerved plenty just on toprope!

Drytooling is weird. You can clip bolts, but you can't hook the hangers. Is it legit to say screw the tools and use your hands, say on those mantles? Anyway, thanks for organizing it. It was fun, though I think I'd have a hard time convincing a nonclimber that drytooling is anything but stupid. smile.gif

Yeah, I think I'd have a hard time convincing a lot of normal climbers that drytooling next the highway in the dark in the rain is anything but stupid too. Hehehe, fun though, thanks for having the ropes up when I got there too! Nice lead, maybe I'll try that next time (or in a year ot two), that and trying not to kill myself pulling back onto the road. :-)