Seattle Drytool Night

Weekend_Climberz

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might attract a little more interest if you have it closer to Seattle (if not in Seattle)... not sure if that is an option or not but ideally you want to minimize drive time and maximize climb time thumbs_up.gif

All you need is some rock (whether it be a road cut, brick building, bridge piling you have secretly chiseled/drilled at night hahaha.gif) that is TRable (preferable without having to lead it) and some motivated climbers interested in improving their ice technique. As your technique (footwork) improves you will find the steeper the better.

The very first post in the PDX drytool thread has some gear advice if you are a drytooling newbie.

Good luck d00ds! wave.gif Maybe if you train hard enough one of you can reclaim the cascadecrags ice comp title for WA next year hahaha.gifmoon.gifboxing_smiley.gifyellaf.gifwink.gif

Good luck d00ds! wave.gif Maybe if you train hard enough one of you can reclaim the cascadecrags ice comp title for WA next year hahaha.gifmoon.gifboxing_smiley.gifyellaf.gifwink.gif

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif too funny john! Yes, I've already started training hard and plotting your doom for next year's comp. ice season? no, I'm training for DRY ice season baby!

I'm down for some seattle DT sessions. I've actually been out looking for roadcuts in the nearby areas. Closest feasable one I've found is off exit 16 on I-90. still a good 20 minute drive from town. Anyone know of cliffs, road cuts closer? I've practiced jugging on a road-buildup near the mt. baker neighborhood, but I'm not sure if it'd be all that fun to DT. we need some overhangs

I'd certainly be in again for the week after Thanksgiving. Make sure you bring the biggest headlamp you've got. With it getting dark at 5:00 you'll need it. Oh, and if you don't don't have leashless tools with big pinky guards i'm thinking gloves may be in order to keep the knuckles off the rock.

I'd certainly be in again for the week after Thanksgiving. Make sure you bring the biggest headlamp you've got. With it getting dark at 5:00 you'll need it. Oh, and if you don't don't have leashless tools with big pinky guards i'm thinking gloves may be in order to keep the knuckles off the rock.

Bring an old and/or cheap headlamp you don't care about (or one you bought at REI hahaha.gif)... we've seen a few smashed over the past year. Most people seem to prefer something with at least 2 LEDs as they tend to give off a glow as opposed to the spotlight effect of traditional bulb headlamps. This allows you to see all your tool/feet placements without having to swivel your head around a bunch. Tikka + comes to mind...

As far as gloves you are right on! Climbing with traditional shaped tools tends to exfoliate skin at the knuckles quite nicely tongue.gif. Any tight fitting leather glove works great... the metolius fingerless bigwall glove is premium.

Great to see you guys getting something rolling! Move it to the events forum and start heckling people to come out. wazzup.gifthumbs_up.gif