Climbing in SE Asia

Hello,

I am looking for info & advice on places to climb in Southeast Asia, particularly Thailand and Vietnam. I've heard of Railay and the whole Krabi Coast, which looks pretty cool... anything else? Any opinions or experiences you'd like to share? This is my first post so be nice... ;o)

And while I'm on the subject, any advice as to where to take a day trip from San Francisco? (To climb, I mean... I'm well aware of the wines in Napa.)

- K

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could go to Ha Long Bay. Very picturesque and the climbing rocks. Or go to Phan Thiet. Or do a google search using "climbing" and Vietnam" in the search bar.

Or talk to these guys.

We were going to go to Phan Thiet for a beach and climbing holiday while we waited for our son's VISA to the States to get processed, but we never ended up connecting up that way. Sorry we missed it. frown.gif

Sweetness. Those pictures of Ha Long Bay make me want to hop a plane right now! yelrotflmao.gif If/when I go I'll be sure to post pics... but it will be a while.

RE California. I'd love to go to either of those places but for more than a day. cool.gif

SO MANY PLACES TO CLIMB!! Thanks again...