[TR] Media Luna (Base of cerro torre)- Rubio y Azul 1/15/2005

Climb: Media Luna (Base of cerro torre)-Rubio y Azul

Date of Climb: 1/15/2005

Trip Report:

Im in patagonia right now, just got back from attempting a route on the base of cerro torre. I went from Puerto Natales, Chile, to El Chalten, Argentina with Steve Schnider and his wife Heather, where then we met the 4th person in our group Fredrico from Venezuela. In chalten we hired horses to carry our gear in, so the approach was a breeze, set up a base camp at camp birdwell. Heather and I had 8 days for the climb, short amount of time for trying anything in patagonia. Dean Potter was in the camp attempting to climb cerro torre and base jump off with an argentine guy, the Huber brothers and stephan seagress where there as well attempting to traverse cerro torre, torre egger and cerro stanheart(sp?). Tony (cant remeber last name) was there attempting the original maeistri route, hes the person who has gotten further on it than anyone else. Quite the sceene in base camp. Though the weather didnt alow us to climb anything we tryed to get to the base of the route twice both times being blown down by 70mph gusts. But we did have many rad bouldering sessions at base camp and in town, as well as slack lineing with dean potter who is fuckin amazing at that. when i have the time ill post photos of the guys batteling it out on some highball boulders and some mountain shots. all in all it was an extremely rad experince, thought we didnt do anything that we had hopped i guess thats the pataognia experince. steve and fredrico remain in base camp to attempt the compressor route.

ciao from patagonia

Gear Notes:

shoes and chalk bag

Approach Notes:

easy with horses

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic