READ FIRST: Yard Sale Rules

gapertimmy

These are the rules of this here sandbox, if you don't like em, ead.

1) DO NOT post links to your ebay auction.

2) If you are a vendor, or a movie maker, or some other professional, you can't hawk your goods here without prior approval

3) If you do a shady transaction, or are the unfortunate victim of one, notify us all immediately by replying to this thread.

happy hawking!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you finally get some sucker to buy your old crap, put a SOLD notice in the TITLE of the thread or notify me, and I will ship your thread away so you don't get pestered any more. This will make the yard sale forum tidier.

Photos of your junk can be uploaded to the Yard Sale album in the photo gallery.

If you include an email address in your posting you may wish to disguise it in some way to keep it from being harvested for future spamming.

float on in the great river of acquisition!

Edited by fern

• 4 years later...
  • 4 years later...

this forum is VOLUNTARILY moderated sporadically which means in the past eee bbb aaaa yyyy has snuck through due to omission and time constraints. But the rule has been in place and enforced for many years. And now will be automagically enforced by an automatic filter.

The Eeee Bbbb Aaaa Yyyy restriction was one that came as a response to the request of MEMBERS of cc.com, not as an arbitrary administrative rule from the moderator group.

If there is a community desire to rescind that rule then go ahead and make a case for it with a reasonable backing from the unwashed masses.

All in all though I think the absence of ebay has been helpful in limiting Yard Sale postings from people who register an account solely to sell stuff and have no other interest in the forum - i.e. SPAMMERs

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...