Hood in July

markv

I just found out today my last remaining team member for Hood has dropped out on me. So now i'm stuck with almost immovable plans for July 15-16th (maybe could swing it to the 17th) and no team.

Who wants to do Hood? I'm probably marginally-experienced by the standards of this board. I've summitted Rainier with RMI, done a winter ascent in Rocky Mtn NP, and a couple of smaller snow climbs...but Hood would be my first glacier climb without a guide. Safety first...i wouldn't hesitate to turn back for weather...but i'll be prepared so that weather would be the ONLY reason i'd need to turn back.

Contact me if you're as experienced or more experienced, and interested. markvotapek@netscape.net

'night!

p.s. i'd be up for getting up there the day before the actual climb to practice/camp...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are interested. My wife and I are novice at climbs that involve roping up.....but we have had fun with our crampons and ice axes on a number of occasions Mt Adams, Mt St Helens, Mt Daniel, 3 fingers, Colchuck Peak, etc. We have done a "dry land" practice for Z-pulley and prusiking. We had plans to summit Rainier over Memorial day weekend with an experienced mountaineer, but it was postponed due to the nasty weather. We are also avid back packers and scramblers.

My wife (whom I refer to as Super K) is 48....and a goddess. I am 52 and in great shape. We have the gear and we would enjoy the adventure. Contact us at knb_cole@webtv.net....or email me at rcole@zgf.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

ps: unfortunately we are still a working couple so we would have to plan climbs for weekends. But Super K doens't work on Fridays....and with a little lead time, I can arrange to take a Friday off too.

Hey there. Id be interested in Hood on those dates. I am a former RMI employee and have been up a ways on Rainier (didnt have the opportunity to summit... working) though I am looking for a partner/team later this summer to summit Rainier. Anyways, Im intermediately skilled on ice and snow. I would not be a liability on the rope. With the addition of Super K and her husband, a foursome could be a good group to climb. Email me at ndcrew10@hotmail.com.

Thanks.

Sean