Off_White

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WEDNESDAY 7/6/05

It appears we may get some rain Tuesday night, but things should be fine for the Wednesday Evening Thang. Much of the crag is nicely dried out and a day or two of rain won't make any difference.

All are welcome, PM me for directions and contact info if you need them.

WEDNESDAY 7-20-05

The last week of dry weather has been good to the crag, and the left side is completely dry, with the exception of a seep at the top of Up The Creek and the upper corner on last season's new (as yet unnamed) 5.10. Both the Bolted Flake and Floater are dry. Yesterday evening was delightful, and today looks to be a carbon copy, so c'mon and play.

19707-20-05_002_sm.jpg

The far left side this morning

• 2 weeks later...

8/3/05 Wednesday Wednesday, Be There, Be There

Everything is plenty dry. Climbed Critter Corner down on the left end yesterday and swept down the winter debris. The as-yet-unnamed 5.10 lieback in the central drainage is dry and ready for a scrubbing and completing the bolt installation. Bolted Flake is also dry and seeing a lot of action lately. Tomorrow's gonna be warm, so the crag only gets better as the evening winds on, until the bats come out and the holds slowly disappear.

Wonder kids breaking out of the gym, crafty old farts with clever footwork, developing climbers ratcheting up through the grades, steel tendoned burlmeisters: everyone's pulling down in Tenino.

...Wonder kids breaking out of the gym, crafty old farts with clever footwork, developing climbers ratcheting up through the grades, steel tendoned burlmeisters: everyone's pulling down in Tenino.

Sweet! yellaf.gif

Just out of curiosity, anything going on on the 17th? I will find myself over in Raymond that day on bidness, wrapping up around 3-ish. Tenino doesn't look that far out of the way on the return trip...

Edited to add: "Holy shit! I went back and started at the beginning of this thread. Your wall is too hard for my fat old bacon-eatin' butt now that I've got a kid and never get out anymore except for family crap." yellaf.gif

People will be there most arriving after 5. Unfortunately I'll be camping at the beach trying to talk the wife into (OK begging) packing up and hitting the rocks somewhere. Um ... the salt air is corroding your new van dear, we better head for the hills. Or maybe "TSUNAMI!!! Forget the tent lets get to high ground!"

Don't worry about a big 'ol bacon eating family guy butt Sobo, you wouldn't be the only one. wave.gif There is a 5.9 lieback down on one end, and the 5.10's are pretty friendly. Short too, longest thing is only 75'. 17th would be great, but as Drederek said, folks don't show up until 5 or so, about an hour after the crag goes into the shade. For family entertainment (in case you have them in tow) there are trails in the woods on the property, and there's a community pool in the quarry at the city park in Tenino, a mile away. Cold water, but has a waterfall and a for real high dive, a rarity in the lawsuit wary world these days. It'd be great to meet you.

I'll be travelling alone this time, and I'll see how it plays out when I conclude my business. I have to say, sounds like it would be a h00t!

PS: 5.9 lieback, eh? One question, is tape considered aid??

my technique probably sucks by now; sooooooo out of practice

WEDNESDAY 8/10/05 update

Should be another great evening, temps have been a little cooler too. The trail above got a serious overhaul, and some trail work happened down on the left side base too. Floater, the 5.11a slab has been cleaned up and climbed recently. I'll have a rope on that one, as well as one on something a little more obscure down on the left end too.

• 3 weeks later...