Spring Ski In

AlpineK

Hey anybody else able to go up Thursday night early friday morning? I want to make the most of it that weekend.

Hey Ken,

You looking for someone to carpool with? yelrotflmao.gif

Oh yeah, I like carpooling when I can. That way I can put someone else behind the wheel and crack beers instead of watching the road.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might be down. Anyone want to climb some sport with me at Fun Rock?? Whats is the climbing like there?

Maybe somebody could drag me up an alpine route. hellno3d.gif

any boulders!? hahaha.gif

I don't know if there is anything gumbie enough for me to ski that isn't melted out so I am SO bringing my climbing gear grin.giffruit.gif FUN rock sounds FUN wink.gif

Just for reference, here is a shot of a late June or early July ski down toward the hairpin from the col below S. Early Winter Spire (David Whitelaw on skis):

328728-hairpin.jpg

For those so inclined, there will be plenty of snow.

328728-hairpin.jpg.f6b130bbdeb67a8c177b05dfbf4d6320.jpg

Sorry Double E looking at the most recent report,

March 26 - April 2, 2004

The widening work over SR 20, the North Cascades Highway, was completed this week and maintenance crews will be repairing and patching pavement and continuing culvert clearing work next week. Damage from last falls flooding needs repair in many areas west of Rainy Pass to Granite Creek, where mud, rocks and undercutting of the roadway surface were found under the snow as the crew cleared the highway. Contractors that rebuilt the sections of the highway that were washed out by last October and November’s storms were back to those sites this week to install guardrail and begin application of asphalt pavement and striping, so the highway can reopen to traffic. That work continues next week.

I'm 95% positive that the highway will be open on the weekend of the 17/18th.

This means that we can party on Sat. April 24th and Sun Apr 25th.

Unless a bunch of folks say otherwise.

plow5.gif

I will be dropping in, literally, ala McConkey... look into the sky for a 'copter, i'll be the sick fooo jumpin off and parachuting into the party. i'll have horsecock dangling from my belt, and i'll be throwing sausages at the eager party goers below on my descent. IT WILL BE SICK!

Ya know democracy is cool and all, but you all sound like a bunch of chickens with your heads cut off. When I first posed this question everyone seemed into the 24th/25th weekend not the 1st/2nd but now I can't figure out what the hell everyone wants and Jay just brought up the 17th/18th which just ain't gonna happen.

If you'd like to have the Ski In on the 24th/25th say so in a manner that is comprehensible in the english language or if you'd like to have the party on the 1st/2nd do so in a likewise manner. Ya'll have until the 8th before I make a decision.

PS Dave P's vote counts way more than most of you suckers. tongue.gif

I will be able to be there if it is the 24th and 25th, but as I don't realy ski much don't decide because of me. Choose you date and the people who can be there will be there. Muffy included fruit.gifbigdrink.gif

Dave P's vote counts way more than most of you suckers. tongue.gif

My vote is the ONLY one that counts since it is my place. I will consider all the banter and decide, but right now I'm leaning towards the 1st-3rd. Whatever weekend I pick, it will be available starting Friday afternoon, with the main party Saturday night. Every one clears out by Sunday afternoon. I will need to arrange for porta potty as I don't want to overload the existing outhouse.

Place your vote in concise english like Kurt said and I will consider the votes. Girl votes count double! Don't friggin vote unless you plan on attending because we need to do some planning! Invite anyone you want!

There is a cabin with 2 bedrooms and a loft. I get one bedroom. A man/woman couple will have priority for the second. Matt P has first choice. The loft is up for grabs. There is a large deck, 2or3 barbques, firepit, handpump well w/rusty water. Away from the cabin is a large camping area with lots of room for tents and a second fire pit. The property is 10 acres with a trail system to the Methow river. There is a place for swimming and fishing. The cabin is not on the river but about 1/4 mile back. It is about 4 miles south of Mazama. about 1/2 mile north of Weeman Bridge. It is 16 miles to Washington Pass.

All I ask is that you treat this place with respect and come with a FUN attitude and be willing to help clean up and contribute something to the party. Drunkeness, smoking, sex, and general debautchery are allowed and encouraged. Kids are welcome at your own risk. I might bring mine as he had fun opening beers for everyone last year. Any questions, send me a PM.

Dave

PS: no boarders allowed!

just kidding!!!!!!

Edited by David_Parker

WooHoo. I can probably go on May 1st & 2nd. Count me in 80%. I tried my new AT set up this past Sunday and am hooked. It is sooooo much better than riding the lifts.

fruit.gif

But I'm gonna bring my rock gear just in case the heat melts all the snow before then... not to rain on the ski fun but I talked to a friend who lives in the Methow last night and he said it's been so warm the past 2 weeks that it is melting pretty quick up at the pass and he expects the road to be open by the end of the week.