Spring Ski In

AlpineK

It's not spring till after the 21st, but I thought we should get the ball rolling on a fun spring event.

Last year we had a fun weekend skiing around Washington Pass and hanging out in the Methow, and I was hoping for the same or better this year.

From what I've read of the HWY 20 updates it sounds like the N Cascades HWY will open without a lot of road work. Also David Parker has once again offered up his place in the Methow.

Here's how I see things

We schedule the Spring Ski In for the second weekend HWY 20 is open.

Skiing and climbing all around W pass. fruit.gif

I'm sure we've got firewood for a bonfire or 2.

We'll probably get a portapotty.

I'll see what I can do about beer. bigdrink.gif

For those of you who didn't make it last year the skiing was great, and DP's place is an excellent camping/party spot. Also don't let the whole ski part of the event fool you. You can party after climbing alpine stuff too.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are snowboarders welcome to join in the fun, or is this an old school event hahaha.gif?

you best not be one of them sideslippin suckas. pitty.gifwink.gif

Yes all snow sliders and spring alpine climbers are welcome. Hell you can even spend the day sport climbing at Fun Rock and still come party.

are snowboarders welcome to join in the fun, or is this an old school event hahaha.gif?

Yes all snow sliders and spring alpine climbers are welcome. Hell you can even spend the day sport climbing at Fun Rock and still come party.

ride it, don't slide it!!!! fruit.gif

sounds like a good time. any guesses as to when 20 will open? another thread a while back made it look like they were going to open fairly soon.

The date will be announced as we see how they are progressing with the snowplowing. SECOND WEEKEND AFTER THE ROAD OPENS! This will be subject to my personal schedule since it's at my place!

Last year I brought my son and I skied with him. He had fun opening our beers for us!

More pics from last year:

5537524.jpg

5537525.jpg

5537528.jpg

Edited by David_Parker

provided I can get a ride frim sea town, and that it turns out deing a good week end for me I would like to go grin.gif is there good snow shoing or x country skiing for a gumbie fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Muffy I'll be going up to that, leaving from Seattle. If's you needin' ride still your welcome to ride up with me. That goes for others as well, I can fit three passengers in my vehicle.
thanks Man!!! I willlet you know if I can go grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif