Outside Magazine [Seattle] event: free food/drink!

Gary_Yngve

Outside Magazine is having an event with Buick on Thursday. There's a reception/award ceremony for winners of the write-an-essay-on-your-dream-adventure-and-get-paid-to-go-if-you-win contest. They want a full house of cool people at the event (the person from Outside in charge of this was at Timmy O'Neill's show).

Thurs Jan 15, 6:00 PM

The Rainier Club (820 Fourth Ave)

Here's the deal:

+ The event is free.

+ Free hors d'oeuvres and cocktails

+ They'll give you a one-year subscription to Outside if you want it.

- They probably won't like it if you show up without RSVPing with anyone first.

- You must be 21+.

- Requested attire is collared shirt and slacks for men, and something equivalent for women.

+++ THEY WILL GIVE $20 TO THE UW CLIMBING CLUB FOR EACH PERSON WHO RSVPS WITH ME AND THEN ATTENDS THE EVENT!!!

So, email (climb@u.washington.edu) or PM me if you can come! (and let me know how many friends, SOs, relatives, nonmilitary combatants, etc., you'll be bringing)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was targetted at Canadians they would have called it, not the Rainier, but the Robson or something. rolleyes.gif

The best promo would be to get Chad Kellogg and Dan - to go head to head drag racing in one to set the "Rainier speed record". yellaf.gif

Money for climbing club is cool. cool.gif

Outside Magazine and Buick = not cool. thumbs_down.gif

wave.gif Nothing to do with "Gary's thread". If you said that, just a random example, you were having a meet & greet with Dan - and Marlboro, and for everyone who showed up the club would be given $10 - what kind of replies would you expect?

Money for climbing club is cool. cool.gif

Outside Magazine and Buick = not cool. thumbs_down.gif

wave.gif Nothing to do with "Gary's thread". If you said that, just a random example, you were having a meet & greet with Dan - and Marlboro, and for everyone who showed up the club would be given $10 - what kind of replies would you expect?

Do we get free smokes and free shots at Dan? Like in a dunk tank or something?

Sorry to poo on your thread Gary

Money for the climbing club is a cool thing thumbs_up.gif

Pooing on my thread is fine, because after enough pooing, Catbirdseat will eventually say something stupid, which will be followed by hordes pooing on him... then a moderator will step in, and all pooing will gone. pooF!