Ropeup Oct 10-11-12

Beck

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erik said:

NO HEFEWIEZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DONT THINK PYRAMID MAKES A STOUT DO THEY? WELL THEY SHOULD AND THEY SHOULD ALLOW US TO DRINK IT UP!!!

NO HEFEWEIZEN!!

THey do...and a proter too, but they are only available at the brewery next to safeco frown.gif They are good too.

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

erik said:

this is supposed to be for fun and now it just sounds like a bunch of winers on ALL sides.

Eric, did you mean to say winners,whiner's, or just forget the beer drink wine and than we would be a bunch of winers.

yelrotflmao.gifwazzup.gifwave.gif

just got the aac email letter

here ya go!!!

COMING EVENTS

CASCADE SECTION – CASCADE CLIMBERS FULL MOON ROPEUP

Join Northwest climbers for a weekend of camaraderie, climbing and trail work

from Friday, October 10 through Sunday, October 12 at the Bridge Creek group

campground in Icicle Creek outside of Leavenworth. Included will be a Saturday

evening fundraiser for the American Alpine Journal and the Access Fund. Best of

all, the event and camping will be free, and there even will be those magical

words to climbers: free beer. Full details will be forthcoming, but if you are

available to help volunteer, contact Section Chair Peter Ackroyd at

mailto:peakpeter@comcast.net.

Ok since there was another Rope-up thread I felt the need to post this again. Cause I's wants to party at Rope-up.

The party sounded really cool last year and since I was on the other coast I was unable to attend and add to the insanity. When I first heard about Rope-up I was pysched to show for this year. After reading all this crap now I am not as pyched, but this is what I think needs to happen.

Rat and Bobbyperu should bartend, and Erik too I guess, that way we are in store for some drunken the_finger.gifdebauchery the_finger.gif. I don't think that will happen since the corporate sponsor may feel the need to regulate the alcohol intake. So plan B needs to be ready as I have heard plenty of you say come prepared with extra goods, so that the party is over when, hmm I don't know, whenever. I'll be pouring after closing time evils3d.gif. I think by Saturday morning we'll know whether or not we need to make a big beer run and find a good party spot.

Also since this started as a party and it seems that a lot a people want to keep it that way. (Don't get me wrong Beck the festival idea sounds cool, but maybe that needed to be a different event, it is to late now though.) I say show up and act like you have in the past. I really do hope a lot of the loud, unruly, drunken climbing continues, it seems that it was sort of the theme and what made it a really fun party. So it is up to you guys and gals who have shown up in the previous years to do what comes naturally. Party and climb like rockband.gif stars. Anarchy is such a great thing.

Either the corporate sponsors will either be into or not. If they are into the scene that is really cool, free beer bigdrink.gif, free food HCL.gifcheeburga_ron.gif, free swag I am always up for. Granted it is Pyrimid beer, but free none the less. (I really hope it is not heffer whizin, that shit is nasty.) If they aren't into it, then they probably won't participate next year and Rope-up can go back to the organized chaos of of the cc.com grassroots network.

So everyone who made the party the previous years show up. Cause it is you who are going to make the party again this year too and the years to come. I will be really bummed if you guys bag out on some of us that didn't get to party like you all did last year.

On other note, I'll be a pack mule, and help haul stuff for a port-rave on the Tooth. That sounds like fun, the rave that is.

lummox said:

I felt the need to post this again

wtf? resistance is futile?

port-rave on the Tooth. That sounds like fun, the rave that is.

fuck yea. specially if mistere comes through with his namesake.

I don't look at it as resistance, just going to show up and do what I normally would do. Climb and party, and I guess eat some food, especially if there is no meal in a glass there (i.e. STOUT).