Full Moon Rope Up

chelle

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way this has evolved appears to be that: this is Beck's party and you all are invited to attend. "This is not a democratic thing." Beck and whoever are merely using the CascadeClimbers name, the "Rope Up" name, and maybe $$$ from the on-site advertising(??). They have not asked for input. No consent is implied or solicited.

The only injury I see to those upset is perhaps they/we have lost some planning time, while blithely skipping away the days assuming Beck was going to make all our dreams come true. fruit.gif

If we don't like the sounds of Beck's party, we don't have to go. If someone wants to have a party that conforms more to his/her ideals of what the "Rope Up" should be, then time's a wasting with all this bitching. The Full Moon Pyramid OR stewardship extravaganza is Beck's event, and I don't see any reasonable grounds for "taking it back". It weren't never ours in the first place. If you want your perfect party, then create it. If you don't wanna do the work, then just show up at the party you're invited to and deal with what is provided/required.

I agree that the more we learn of Beck's Big Bash plans the more suck it sounds. But that mostly because we have been thinking of it completely in terms of last years serendipitous success. How can it compete? Perhaps if last year didn't exist, then noone would be whining now. We'd just think about Beck's Big Bash as an opportunity, an invitation.

I think we need to get over the fact that Beck is "taking" our party. He's having his own, and we're invited (except Rat wink.gif), and why complain about that?

If we want a better one, let's get working on it, instead of trashing Beck. Of course, if it is planned the same weekend, then perhaps at that point a little Beck Bash bashing would be wise to try to draw all our "friends" to the alternate venue boxing_smiley.gifbigdrink.gif.

Werd chucK.

Sounds to me like erik had it all figured out a couple of years ago...

erik said:.

house rulez:

1. no fighting until the host kisses your old lady.

2. no fightting until there is at least a $100 kitty. the house get 75%

3. no fightting if you are beating up the host

4. no guns, knives or ice tools....the house will provide all weapons

5. no fighting because the other guy doesn't eat red meat

6. if you spill beer...be ready to fight

7. if want to drive drunk....be ready to fight

8. if you are wearing a lycra tights be ready to fight

9. all must have tons of fun

if we can agree to these rulz then it will be a good party.

I JUST DONT WANT TO BE SUBJAJATED TO ADVERTISING AND SHIT. I DONT WANT TO BE EXPECTED TO WORK WITH THE FOREST SERVICE. I JUST WANT TO DRINK BEER AND KICKIN IT WITH MY HOMIES!!!

THE MORE FREE SHIT THE BETTER, BUT THERE JUST CANT BE STIPULATIONS TO THEM.....................

AND I THINK IT IS BULLSHIT THAT RAT IS NOT ALLOWED TO COME, HE IS BETTER THEN LIKE 98% OF THE CLIMBERS ON THIS BOARD. HE SHOULD BE CELEBRATED AS WELL!

Hey Beck!

I know you're not asking for opinions, but thought I'd float this suggestion by you.

Do you think you could possibly maybe see if those lovely waitresses from the Blue Star could be the ones serving the beer at the big event?

Thank you for your attention.

this thing sounds gay.....(no offense meant regarding sexual orientation, just a hick figure of speech that helps me articulate my feelings...i actually embrace diversity...straight not narrow...over the years all my gay buddies have known this to be true wink.gif, they just accept me for what i am, and apparently they shared it with whoever puts the dumb knickname under our usernames)

thumbs_down.gif...beck, you ruined a good thing....although i'm sure your hard work is naively appreciated by most and of course selfrighteously appreciated by yourself....and was well intended......you all had a good party last year but this marketing event....maaaaaannn......now dat i know it gonna be dat kinda pawty i'm gonna put my dick in da mashed putatas...

and i thought rat was merely offering partying lessons to the less cultured youth in the crowd...drain the keg is a popular drinking game with uninvited rowdies across america...rat is a professional who's skills are unrivaled by your average westcoastsoftcock.........he should be cannoinized in your cult not vilified.............. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifmoon.gifboxing_smiley.gif

cappellini said:

this thing sounds gay.....(no offense meant regarding sexual orientation, just a hick figure of speech that helps me articulate my feelings...i actually embrace diversity...straight not narrow...over the years all my gay buddies have known this to be true wink.gif, they just accept me for what i am, and apparently they shared it with whoever puts the dumb knickname under our usernames)

Brilliant! yellaf.gif

I think most of you all need to calm down.

It's not "my" party, its a party for YOU guys!

I'm laughing my ass off...

of course the rat 86'ing was a troll.

there have been meetings since may about the shindig.

as well as earlier posts here to garner interest and ideas.

anyone who wants to volunteer, contact me or hikerwa.

we're the guys behind the damn thing from day one in Leavenworth.

year one we rented the group campsite.

this year we rented the group campsite.

this year the american alpine club got outdoor research to donate kegs of beer and servers as well. I hope TG can make it with a keg of his own as well, i've tried to call him at the taproom but no luck.

cascade crags is contributing by setting up some top ropes and staffing them.

the alpine club is contributing some money to buy everyone some grub as well.

we've got manufacturers donating hundreds of dollars of gear to raffle off for the access fund and the alpine journal.

we've got the editor of the alpine journal (who is pretty damn cool) hanging out.

pretty sure there's going to be music (reggae). there's going to be a slide show.

it's a party. Its a full moon weekend in october.

come join the fun.

erik said:

Beck said:

this way the sport climbers can too!

thumbs_up.gif

Just make sure to wash off the colored chalk marking the holds at the end of the weekend.

Beck said:

I think most of you all need to calm down.

It's not "my" party, its a party for YOU guys!

I'm laughing my ass off...

of course the rat 86'ing was a troll.

there have been meetings since may about the shindig.

as well as earlier posts here to garner interest and ideas.

anyone who wants to volunteer, contact me or hikerwa.

we're the guys behind the damn thing from day one in Leavenworth.

year one we rented the group campsite.

this year we rented the group campsite.

this year the american alpine club got outdoor research to donate kegs of beer and servers as well. I hope TG can make it with a keg of his own as well, i've tried to call him at the taproom but no luck.

the alpine club is contributing some money to buy everyone some grub as well.

we've got manufacturers donating hundreds of dollars of gear to raffle off for the access fund and the alpine journal.

we've got the editor of the alpine journal (who is pretty damn cool) hanging out.

pretty sure there's going to be music (reggae). there's going to be a slide show.

it's a party. Its a full moon weekend in october.

come join the fun.

Beck ~ I just wanted to say YOU rockband.gif.

We are all complaining about someone doing something great for us 'dirtbag' climbers. (FWI... I am NOT a dirtbag - but can I sleep on your floor for SeaFair? yellaf.gif)

Thank you for taking the time and effort to arrange this party for us. I appears that some are ungrateful for the planning you have done. Yet no one has really stepped up to assist. confused.gif If you need anything that is in my grasp to help with - PM me.

Thank you again for all of it. wave.gif

Come on ... eveybody sing along:

"all we are saying, is give Beck a chance ..." rockband.gif

I may even show my fat ass up at this one. It sounds fun, and although I like it being kept non-commercial...the best bigdrink.gif is free bigdrink.gif. I won't buy anything as a result of thier marketing!!!

Fight the power!!! But drink its bigdrink.gif!!!