Full Moon Rope Up

chelle

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ehmmic said:

Can we still climb at night by the full moon after enjoying a few beers or will that be in violation of someone's insurance? Can we still take over Castle Rock and Pearly Gates en masse or will that be considered poor stewardship? Can we watch AlpineK's entertaining way of starting a campfire?

Don't forget the late night 'glow in the dark - clothes optional' frisbee comp.

The trail project, if there is one, will be something that has already been preapproved by the FS, meaning that it might not be one that goes to your favorite crag or to a crag at all. They have to do some bullshit enviro impact study that costs more then the work, meaining you can't legally go create or work on trails without their permission/bureaucracy.

Hey Larry the Tool

My stool I drop from up high

Not the sitting kind

the_finger.gif

Beck said:

PLUS, Outdoor Research should be stewarding the kegs of Pyramid Brewery at the Ropeup as well... they had heard about Rat's performance hoarding the group pitcher at last years ropeup, however, and he has been 86'd from the beer garden.

I'm not sure I'm down with this whole OR/Beer/Pyramid thing.

In the first place (given that he's willing smile.gif) we want TG beer not that nasty ass Pyramid crap. Secondly, having professional beer servers entails liability and thus folks getting cut off and such. And lastly, but most importantly, Rat will not take kindly to being 86ed from the, "beer garden," and Tippi Turtles will side with Rat.

Some of the stuff you're doing is great Beck! thumbs_up.gif But I and others want rope up to be a fun party not some corporate fuck fuck event.

I think a little give and take on decisions is in order. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

good pointes kurt

i mean this is a party for cc.commers so shouldnt we have a say in what we want?

i certainly do not want any of my activites curbed due to possible authoritarian types whom feel the need to wave the fact that since they have donated something that they get a controlling aspect of the debauchery.....

i'll bet a nickel once rat reads this, he is gonne be like 5 times more aggro then last year!!! i am hiding my tent! yellaf.gif

...unless you people are planning this thing, I'd reserve comment and opinion, and just show up to enjoy it...

I could care less if ehmic or alpine k are concerned about the 'grassrootsieness' of OR serving beer,

if you guys can line up a gear manufacturer willing to serve free beer to dirtbag climbers, feel free to add them to the list....

this is not a festival open to the democratic process,-join in on the planning proccess if you are interested...

as to the trails project, it looks to be a forest service approved event, not up to Careno Crags, unfortunately, for the reasons Jon mentioned above

Edited by Beck

Look, Beck. I think you're doing a fine job, and everyone appreciates the effort you're putting in, but it is going to far.

We DON'T want corporate sponsorship. We DON"T want Larry the Tool to be invited (whether officially or not) to our party. I'll gladly PAY for my beer as long as we can keep this as a good old-fashioned, self-regulated get together. We should remain a fringe group. I think you'll find less of the people who climb together and make this site a success willing to come to rope-up this year if you turn it into a sponsored event. I don't want anyone telling me what I can and can't do with my friends in Leavenworth. I thought the whole point of a FALL rope-up was so that we could do it for free, and without the legal constraints that we might encounter during the earlier months. You're just inviting the very elements we're trying to avoid.

if you invite a bunch of cc.com regulars

you might not be able to control the result

the tippi turtle extends more than a head from its shell

free beer is OK but if it comes with strings attached maybe its bribery? wave.gif

will we have to have nametags on our helmets and have the tool sign our names on a list saying we fixed up a trail and paid for a pass in order to do so, to get free beer or what? cantfocus.gif

Beck said: if you guys can line up a gear manufacturer willing to serve free beer to dirtbag climbers, feel free to add them to the list....

I thought the free beer thing was handled no prob last fall, from what I heard... confused.gifwave.gif

Just tell them gear reps to charge 50 cents and to raffle some gear off.

I can bring my own booze but if it is supplied the better.

Established trails in the icicle are needed in some areas. Or maybe improvement to some to eliminate or control erosion.

you guys, this is 2003 and a new year,

the ropeup has ten times the sponsorship, and cc.comers aren't behind it? WTF is wrong here? It shows the climbing community is interested in the NW scene and you guys are bitching that Outdoor Research wants to serve us beer???

WTF?? Leave it alone, volunteer if you want.

the beer is a sponsorship the ropeup is not going to thumb our noses at

anyone who wants to assist in the planning process is welcome to volunteer

Beck,

I dont know about backing up or not being behind it myself. I think there is plenty of room out there and if you dont want to see OR or their reps then make another fire and tell your bedtime climbing stories. Not that you wouldnt be welcome I am sure.

Most reps for gear companies are pretty laid back that I know. This buddy of mine is a gear rep for **** and you'd be surprised he's pretty low key.

If OR wants to serve beer all I have to say is how many fuckin kegs? bigdrink.gif

the ropeup is fully 'in process' as we speak

any volunteerism would be welcomed

we have a groundswell of support this year, folks!

if you think you are involved in the ropeup planning, you are four months behind the rest of the team, sorry

Beck said:

the ropeup is fully 'in process' as we speak

any volunteerism would be welcomed

we have a groundswell of support this year, folks!

if you think you are involved in the ropeup planning, you are four months behind the rest of the team, sorry

Just bring the slideshows on. Generator kegs and godo times.

I make no mistake I am not in the planning but some of those comments make some people feel alienated.