wtb: bike rack

thelawgoddess

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about one of those bike racks that fits over the trunk of a car? It sort of rests on the lid and the bumper, with straps and u-shaped brackets sliding underneath the trunk lid to keep the thing on. If someone will let me in on the secret of how to post pictures here, I'll post one to help visualize the confusing description above.

What I'm describing is about 50 bucks new and holds two or three bikes.

Pencil_Pusher said:

How about one of those bike racks that fits over the trunk of a car?

yeah; i've been considering that as the cheaper option. the cheapest hitch option is $135 new. ouch!!! (and btw, my hitch isn't 2"; it's the smaller one.) the only shitty thing about the trunk thingy is that you have to take the bike off the trunk every time you want to get in. oh, and you can't lock them. but i might have to go that way; else just stick the bike inside my car. thanks, fence; i might take you up on that! thumbs_up.gif

I use the trunk mount bike rack and I have no problems locking my bikes at all. I wouldn't use it if I couldn't. Just run the krypto though the frames/wheels and rack. Anyone stealing the bikes would have to take the rack too. Although not outside the realm of possibilities, its yet to happen.

Good luck.

rbw1966 said:

Anyone stealing the bikes would have to take the rack too.

that's what i meant. but it's not like anybody would really want to steal my bike anyway! it's more the issue of having to take the bike off all the time, but i guess it's a small price to pay (or save, i should say) off having to buy a new rack!

erik said:

RULE 1 OF BEING POOR AND HOMELESS AND SHIT... IS NOT TO BUY ANYTHING OTHER THEN FOOD AND GAS. YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE TO LAST. NO MORE BEER OR ANY OF T HAT SHIT. AS A HOT CHICK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MANIPULATE GUYS INTO GETTING YOU WORTHLESS STUFF.

ONLY BUY FOOD AND GAS!!!

If you have a ball hitch in the 2" receiver, I have a rack for you. It is a Rhode Gear that bolts on where the ball would go. It works great, but I no longer need it now that I have a truck. It folds out of the way and is easy to use. New, it was $120. I'll sell it for $40. BUT... I don't get back into town until sunday night.

PM me if interested.

Fence_Sitter said:

icegirl said:

If TLG does not pick it up, I'd love to take that rack off your hands...

i am not giving it away... jsut lending it to her, but she didn't pick it up...

Hey, Fence, the girls aren't always talking to you dude... yellaf.gif

icegirl said:

If TLG does not pick it up, I'd love to take that rack off your hands...

I have a thule bike rack in my garage- I'll be on vacation for a while starting sunday. If you want it it fits 2 bikes on the back of most cars and is less than 4 months old FOR A BORROW.

Ask Crack and Dr.Jay for diros to my house or for them to pick it up. Crack is picking up my bike tentatively this weekend. I wont be using it. They got the inside scoop on the cave where I live and like I said in garage- Crack knows where the keys are. wazzup.gifwave.gif

You can use it for a couple of months if needed - I just need it back. I usually ride my bikes from home now and rarely use it.

I've got one of those Thule deals that straps on the back of the car and holds 2 bikes. Only problem is it potentially scratch you paint a little in areas. I'm heading home and back to then back to Seattle if you want it.