Questions about new forum software?

olyclimber

@Z-Man the photos themselves are still on the server, but we had to abandon the gallery. The old gallery software was no longer being updated and they stopped selling it, and had become a security risk for our server. I tried importing the gallery into the gallery app our current software provider makes, but it was becoming highly problematic and too big of a blocker to convert the forum, so we decided to move forward without it. I will try to import the gallery at a later date, but I'm placing a big priority on getting the Trip Report search back up.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jon said:

@Z-Man the photos themselves are still on the server, but we had to abandon the gallery. The old gallery software was no longer being updated and they stopped selling it, and had become a security risk for our server. I tried importing the gallery into the gallery app our current software provider makes, but it was becoming highly problematic and too big of a blocker to convert the forum, so we decided to move forward without it. I will try to import the gallery at a later date, but I'm placing a big priority on getting the Trip Report search back up.

Right on, thanks. Havent been on the site for awhile. Theres some photos i lost track of and was hoping to track them down here. Will stay tuned

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2018 at 3:53 PM, tanstaafl said:

Is there a way to view activity by topic rather than by post that I haven't figured out yet? 

So instead of seeing all the replies to a topic you only see the latest post for each topic, maybe with the number of unread replies. I'm not sure if we can do that but we'll look into it, I think that is a good view if we are going to include spray in All Activity.

• 4 weeks later...

Still having an issue trying to access 'Latest Trip Reports' from the homepage. Everytime I click the link, I get the below error.

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

Any ideas on how to access latest trip reports? I've been getting this error for awhile now. 

14 minutes ago, cgolden123 said:

@JasonG Yes and yes. I am logged in, and I'm trying to access the 'Latest Trip Reports' link on the sidebar of the front page. 

@cgolden123 I understand the issue now that link is actually the RSS feed itself and not a link to latest trip reports. We will fix that. If you want the latest TRs they are sorted chronologically here http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/tripreport

Thanks @JasonG . I am probably just blind, but how do I access that link without using the actual link itself? When I go to 'Forums', I don't see a link to 'Trip Reports' like your link suggests. All I see are the options listed under 'General Discussion' (Climbers board, CC.com News, etc) and 'Route Reports' sectioned off into different geographies. 

Again, I am probably just missing something here, it just doesn't seem obvious. 

As always, thanks for all you guys do.