Where to go this weekend?!

Alisse

And I want to retire tomorrow.  Neither of us are going to get our wishes this weekend, however.

Checking the NWAC reports of current surface conditions, and looking at the NWS forecasts, it is well below my definition of OK anywhere within 2.5 hours of Seattle this weekend (unless you fly north).

But a great weekend to spent time with the family and bank hall passes!

That was before the massive inversion really kicked in, however.  Many places went from pretty OK Monday (my experience on north facing slopes in North Cascades) to crap by yesterday (per the NWAC pro obs and telemetry).  I have no doubt that deep on the east side, and high, you can still find something worthwhile, but that isn't really less than 2.5 hours from Seattle.

But I'll look forward to someone posting something that proves me wrong next Monday.  For me, half the fun is the conditions betting game.  It is way more fun when you make a hard prediction and see how it compares to reality.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 9:16 AM, JasonG said:

That was before the massive inversion really kicked in, however.  Many places went from pretty OK Monday (my experience on north facing slopes in North Cascades) to crap by yesterday (per the NWAC pro obs and telemetry).  I have no doubt that deep on the east side, and high, you can still find something worthwhile, but that isn't really less than 2.5 hours from Seattle.

But I'll look forward to someone posting something that proves me wrong next Monday.  For me, half the fun is the conditions betting game.  It is way more fun when you make a hard prediction and see how it compares to reality.

I find that 10% of the time my predictions are right, all the time.