New forum software!

olyclimber

On 12/3/2017 at 11:36 PM, Alex789 said:

TR fixed, thanks!
I see you renamed "Trip Reports" to "Route Reports" and moved it to a Forum. Then remove the dysfunctional button "Trip Reports" in the very end of the main page. Still messing "Last 24 hours". Maybe it was moved somewhere?

Alex-  Trip reports were always filed into their geographic forums, even on the old site.  The TR page you miss will be brought back in some form when the Admins have time.  You can easily view what has happened on the site in the past 24 hours using the "Activity" tab.  It can be customized.

And thanks for finding the dead link on the main page.

18 minutes ago, cgolden123 said:

Sorry if I missed this somewhere in this thread, but how do we access trip reports? Will they be displayed similar to the old site (Most recent to older)? Are they available right now, or is that one of the things you are working on adding? 

That is the thing we are working on re-adding...the TR database/search tool.

For now you just need to go to each area forum and search.   

This was just a sacrifice we had to make in order to cut over to the new software ASAP, which makes getting new TRs coming in actually possible!

We will be restoring that functionality, and making it even better.

On 12/3/2017 at 11:36 PM, Alex789 said:

TR fixed, thanks!
I see you renamed "Trip Reports" to "Route Reports" and moved it to a Forum. Then remove the dysfunctional button "Trip Reports" in the very end of the main page. Still messing "Last 24 hours". Maybe it was moved somewhere?

@Alex789Dead link on the front page fixed.  For now I just have it linking up the TR forums.

Thank you for your help.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:08 AM, olyclimber said:

That is the thing we are working on re-adding...the TR database/search tool.

For now you just need to go to each area forum and search.   

This was just a sacrifice we had to make in order to cut over to the new software ASAP, which makes getting new TRs coming in actually possible!

We will be restoring that functionality, and making it even better.

Ahh, thanks Oly. Looking forward to the new site being completed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2017 at 10:13 AM, Lowell_Skoog said:

Here's a question for the CC.com admins....

Would it be possible to provide some sort of tool to translate old CC.com thread/post URLs to a URL that accesses the same thread/post through the new bulletin board software?

You may recall that I've been capturing links to new route information since NWMJ went dormant in 2010. Here's the NWMJ Inbox page again:

http://alpenglow.org/nwmj/inbox.html

With the change to the CC.com software, all my old links to CC.com trip reports are now invalid.

It would be great to have an online tool, or something, to translate old CC.com URLs to the new forum structure. It does appear that all the old threads are still around, but the old links are broken.

Is there any way to help with this?

Thanks for any help....

--Lowell Skoog

@jon worked with the makers of the this new software to ensure that @Lowell_Skoog links to the FAs continue to work.  

We are continueing to work hard and making this site better. Thanks to all of of you that contribute.  This is truly a community, and we have never lost sight of that.  The trip reports, the gear recommendations, the advice, the friendships created here...  

This place is "special" in so many ways :ass:    Thanks for being here.   We are here to keep the lights on.

The TR database/search tool is in the works!