New forum software!

olyclimber

1 hour ago, olyclimber said:

we can change this setting once we figure out what the appropriate number of posts before a pagetop is....

i think you used to be able to set how many posts you wanted per page, but the default was something like 25 - surely the old page-top whores had that math down to a science :)

Remember me? I'll post something in the next few days about where we've been and where we are going with things. Just really stoked that we were able to finally able to deliver a better experience to everyone after years of false starts on this. Everyone who has contributed a TR or meaningful content deserved better. Thanks for hanging in there with us.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, manninjo said:

Thank you for the system update, it looks like a big improvement over the ubb software!

I went to message someone privately regarding an item on the yardsale, and it said my message inbox was full.  If I go to my profile, I do not see an inbox anywhere or place to delete messages... is there something I am missing here?  

image.png.f5a3d7d3f8cdc5282c24cf83a552e6b6.png

image.png

I changed the Messages limit....you shouldn't have this issue anymore.

Here's a question for the CC.com admins....

Would it be possible to provide some sort of tool to translate old CC.com thread/post URLs to a URL that accesses the same thread/post through the new bulletin board software?

You may recall that I've been capturing links to new route information since NWMJ went dormant in 2010. Here's the NWMJ Inbox page again:

http://alpenglow.org/nwmj/inbox.html

With the change to the CC.com software, all my old links to CC.com trip reports are now invalid.

It would be great to have an online tool, or something, to translate old CC.com URLs to the new forum structure. It does appear that all the old threads are still around, but the old links are broken.

Is there any way to help with this?

Thanks for any help....

--Lowell Skoog

1 hour ago, Lowell_Skoog said:

Here's a question for the CC.com admins....

Would it be possible to provide some sort of tool to translate old CC.com thread/post URLs to a URL that accesses the same thread/post through the new bulletin board software?

You may recall that I've been capturing links to new route information since NWMJ went dormant in 2010. Here's the NWMJ Inbox page again:

http://alpenglow.org/nwmj/inbox.html

With the change to the CC.com software, all my old links to CC.com trip reports are now invalid.

It would be great to have an online tool, or something, to translate old CC.com URLs to the new forum structure. It does appear that all the old threads are still around, but the old links are broken.

Is there any way to help with this?

Thanks for any help....

--Lowell Skoog

Message received @Lowell_Skoog  @jon says that it was supposed to redirect those links, so he may need to make a script to address that....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JasonG said:

Cool! 

It looks like if "Trip Reports" were a content type I could check the box and they would display in a list I could slice and dice?

Yeah I was thinking of the same thing.  Definitely a feature enhancement that would be very cool to have.  You could actually create that right now by "Following" each Trip Report forum (you could follow and just elect to not have any notifications from your follow).  Then use the "only content I follow" setting when creating your custom stream...and then you have a view that just shows you TRs....that is pretty sweet! 

Would be nice if you could just select a TR content type, we'll look in to that.

FYI- The settings have been changed so that people can go back and edit TRs/posts up to 200 days ago.  If you want to go back farther to clean up TRs, PM Oly and he can hook you up.

The new site makes editing a breeze, so don't be afraid to go back and polish those old TRs! 

:rawk:

My first concern was that all the old emoticons would be lost.  Glad to see those are still rocking.

Although, unless you have the syntax in order to search, the entire palette does not appear to browseable.  Only the "default" emoticons are visible.

Unless of course the emoticons will serve as a secret handshake among the "in" crowd of old? :mistat:

14 minutes ago, diepj said:

:rawk:

My first concern was that all the old emoticons would be lost.  Glad to see those are still rocking.

Although, unless you have the syntax in order to search, the entire palette does not appear to browseable.  Only the "default" emoticons are visible.

Unless of course the emoticons will serve as a secret handshake among the "in" crowd of old? :mistat:

Click on default in the Categories drop down and the entire list should populate.  Everyone's "in"!:ghey: