Touching article with nice pics about Lowell Skoog

JonNelson

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved it, though bittersweet. Lowell is one of the greats in Cascadian history, not only for his first ascents/descents but his impressive drive to preserve and distribute the ski history of our range.

Despite the painful losses endured and his advancing age, I bet Lowell can still drop me in the skin track. :wave:

Lowell is one of the greats in Cascadian history, not only for his first ascents/descents but his impressive drive to preserve and distribute the ski history of our range.

Nailed it Jason, what an incredible resource to the mountain community!

Great to weave in the perspective of his 20-year old son, too.

The writer nailed it too. Touching tribute. It's damned hard to do a brief summary of a person (family's) important points in that short of an article and still make it interesting. You're cutting out 7/8 of their life. I feel like I want to buy Lowell a beer just for being a good dude now just from reading it. The world needs more folks like those folks, sadly too many whom are not with us now, that's why yer heart goes out. I remember reading about Carl's death on Cascade Climbers, although it was sad and I'd never met the guy, was also shocked to learn about his impressive bad-ass accomplishments that he had quietly racked up.

My best wishes go out to them all: