Early Winters Omnipotent Tent Available :)

OxygenUptake

Omnipotent® Tent - Early Winters

Price: $249/OBO plus $20 shipping via USPS priority mail w/insurance if shipped.

Tent is currently in Iowa as seller has moved from the NW to the Midwest USA.

Payment is by Cash only or a Cashier's check please if tent is mailed to you.

USA sales/shipment only.

In its day, the Omnipotent retailed for $495 years ago.

Own a piece of Mountaineering History!

It was the finest mountaineering tent of its day!

It is truly still a marvel of engineering, design and durability.

Truly too a GREAT name for a tent! :)

It is definitely a FOUR season tent. Seller has snow camped with this tent :).

It is rated as a two-person tent but could sleep three in a pinch.

The Omnipotent a free-standing tent with anchor points fore and aft.

It is designed to shed both snow loads and high winds.

It has always been stored unpacked, dry and loose in a dry environment.

When you do pack it in its stuff sack, pack it as you would a sleeping

bag. Do not fold the tent. If you fold the tent the same way, over

time, the folds could become weak points for the tent.

Its condition is very good.

Weight is ~ 7 lbs (tent and poles together).

Dimensions:

nside length 90 inches

inside width 53″ front 40″ rear

inside height 36 inches front 27 inches rear

outside width 64 " front 49″ rear

outside height 43″ front 33″ rear.

It has both a front entrance AND rear entrance.

What does this mean? You can have a nice breeze moving

thru your tent on a sunny, summers day.

In winter, this means you will less condensation.

The tent is a DOUBLE WALLED tent which also means more ventilation

and less condensation.

Both doors are GoreTex.

Both front and rear entries also have mosquito netting "doors"..

The four poles are elastic, shock corded so that "snap to" as soon as

you release them. They are of four different lengths. Arrange them

in length from shortest (at rear door) to longest (at front door) when

you put up the tent. It is suggested that you do a "dry run" or two

of setup prior to taking the tent on a trip.

Inside the tent are two "built-in" accessory pockets and a loop

inside the top of the tent near the front door where you could

hang a lamp.

Included with the Omnipotent are:

Original blue stuff sack for the tent

Original yellow stuff sack for poles.

Original ground cloth. This allows a layer of separation between the floor your Omnipotent

and the ground. It GREATLY increases the life of your tent floor.

The four poles.

A pole repair kit (never used).

A tent repair kit. (never used).

A setup guide.

A space blanket adapted by the seller for use with the tent.

See URL below for photos:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/spo/6271248158.html

Thanks for looking :)

Seller

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that this is your first post. By the lack of a body in the post, I'll assume that this is your first post ever on the web.

We have this thing called photographs, which are always nice when trying to sell something, and a price is always a good idea.

Because some synthetics degrade with age from atmospheric chemicals, I don't think a 40 year old tent would be suitable for what it was originally made.

Another recent American invention is the classified section, but I guess they don't have those in Bangalore

To num1mc:

A lengthy description of the tent was offered in my post. It is no longer there.

A link to several photos was in this description.

For the record, this tent was last used about five years ago and it worked fine. That is why it is called the Omnipotent.:)

Tell me, num1mc...why the very UNfriendly, sarcastic response to my first post?

To all others on this forum, I look forward to working with you, learning from you and if it happens,actually shaking your hand when I return for a visit to the NW.

Oxygen Uptaker

Edited by OxygenUptake

I thought the new rules that went into effect a while back were supposed to keep shit like this from happening and drive more traffic to CC?

I guess that's not working out the way it was planned eh Oly? Yeah. No one saw that coming.

Of course, the site functioning like a geocities project from 1992 and the selective and erratic enforcement of your "rules" might have something to do with why no one gives a shit about CC anymore.

Edited by KirkW

Of course, the site functioning like a geocities project from 1992 and the selective and erratic enforcement of your "rules" might have something to do with why no one gives a shit about CC anymore.

How about the rule that classified ads go into the classified ad section? Now if that basic rule had been followed we wouldn't be here crying a river about the meanies, geocities, dick birds and Sam Furley's mom.

How about the rule that classified ads go into the classified ad section? Now if that basic rule had been followed we wouldn't be here crying a river about the meanies, geocities, dick birds and Sam Furley's mom.

Obviously, the appropriate response to a new poster making a mistake is to flame the shit out of them. Thanks for keeping CC alive and well. It's also notable that you chose to berate him not only for the product he's trying to sell but you also found it appropriate to blame him for the failings of this piece of shit, outdated site. I can see how you were triggered. So sorry you had to experience this egregious and flagrant violation of the high standards that have been set by the management.

Obviously, the appropriate response to a new poster making a mistake is to flame the shit out of them. Thanks for keeping CC alive and well. It's also notable that you chose to berate him not only for the product he's trying to sell but you also found it appropriate to blame him for the failings of this piece of shit, outdated site. I can see how you were triggered. So sorry you had to experience this egregious and flagrant violation of the high standards that have been set by the management.

Berate? I'd say what I did hardly rises to that definition.

The OP clearly knew he had the opportunity to edit his post, or to make another post when he responded to me, but he chose the victim shtick, and his stuff still isn't on the market. You seem to have a preoccupation with how up-to-date this site is. Weird.

A forty year old tent can still suffer fabric damage even in storage. Have fun in your safe space.

I thought the new rules that went into effect a while back were supposed to keep shit like this from happening and drive more traffic to CC?

I guess that's not working out the way it was planned eh Oly? Yeah. No one saw that coming.

You're still here? Hahahahahhahahahaahaa. Who is the fool again? You said you were leaving a long time ago. Don't let the door hit you in the ass a second time. Oh thats right, the third or fourth time. For the record, I don't give a shit about what you think. At one time I tried to listen, but you're such an asshole it became quickly apparent you're not worth a turd worth polishing.

Anyway, we're making Geocities hot again. That shit is coming back into style.

Sam and Kirk like this tent because you have to get on all fours to get in. 8D

Sam and Kirk like this tent because you have to get on all fours to get in. 8D

It's strange but you must have something in your ass there feller, I can't hear what you're saying.

Edited by Sam Furley

It's absolutely true that many climbers, at all levels, in Gunks are economically, and/or often intellectually elite. Especially those like myself (modest and poor climber) in middle age and older.

Some of the very best climbers I've encountered in Washington State have been relatively poor, and weirdly humble, backwoodsmen.

"Best climbers" aren't my subject.

Creepy sleeping and hiking advise for boy scout-types in mild conditions is my concern.

Saying that a $20 tent (basically for one person) that can be modified to weigh 2-3 pounds is laughable gives me the creeps.

I've heard lots of this kind of response from "backpackers" that are highly impressed with their ability to walk and sleep, and hyper-BS concerned about "warning" people against taking a hike without "survival training" and God-knows what nonesense.

The other issue is self-identification with high-price brands and consumer goods. Like, I'd NEVER buy a $4.00 bottle of wine and Budweiser is bad for morality and your resume...

I assume climbers doing exclusively or even mostly high-altitude routes in arctic or sub-arctic conditions are tiny minority on this board. Maybe this is wrong.

Typical summer Cascades/Sierra alpine camp is in benign weather at moderate altitude, with only real menance being mosquitos.

Rock climbers have somewhat healthy tendency to shop for equipment by brand. I have moderate experience and tend to favor Black Diamond.

Many climbers I meet have essentially unlimited funds and are mid-career doctors. engineers, and lawyers, and transfer this tendency to other areas: Clothing, cars, booze, restaurants........

Many non-climbers I meet have similar tendencies........

"Backpackers" per se, are idiots, pure and simple.

There is absolutely nothing I can think of worse, more lame, than an "expert" backpacker giving advise to a "novice."

Typically, they emphasize supposed complexity and dangers of sleeping, and the need for vast experience and expensive equipment to accomplish this.

Gets creepy.

So for all your 50-degree calm and clear summer alpine nights in Cascades, go buy a $500 "ultralight" custom-made mini dipsh*t tent with bug-net, made by poorly paid employees of some wannabee yuppie, or Chinese peasant corporate slaves. Whadueyecare? The Wall Street boys finance and profit from the manufacturing gear, whether in Shang Dong or Tacoma. MIT boys (mostly Asian) designed it.

You can get your hard-on with your equipment based on price you paid given your own, possibly overpaid, "professional" work.

Sellers won't care how or where you got the cash.

In most cases, the thing is, how it affects your own self esteem.

In this regard, shopping at Wal-Mart will make you believe you are inferior-- a "poor person," or something even worse.